account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Companion -- Where is the Calendar Sync button??>

Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 53
Message 11 of 53

Re: Sync complete Outlook 2016 Calendar

Hi @JNW,

Xperia Companion does not support local sync with clients such as Outlook. You can choose to import your Outlook data to your Google account if you wish to sync with Google. Another alternative would be to search for any third party software that allows you to sync Outlook locally with Android.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

JNW
Learner
Message 12 of 53
Message 12 of 53

Thanks, because Sony is not supporting Outlook 2016 syncing and I do not use Google other than having to purchase apps, I'm going to look at other smartphone manufacturers for my phone upgrade.

Jonathon 

One time poster
Message 13 of 53
Message 13 of 53

Are you kidding us???
Do we need to use third part software for a feature we got in the precedent software???

And it's impossible to use PC Companion anymore!!!!

Restore the feature ASAP!!!!

Visitor
Message 14 of 53
Message 14 of 53

Re: Xperia Companion -- Where is the Calendar Sync button??>

Ive just waisted 2 hours trying to get my Outlook Calander to Sync, Now I read that Sony have done away with Outlook Sync. What am I supposed to do now, re-enter all my Outlook items into by Z3. I dont think so! it will be easier to get my Iphone back from my wife which syncs perfectly. Stunning stupidity from SONY - Loosers.

One time poster
Message 15 of 53
Message 15 of 53

Z5 Compact Windows 10 and Outlook 2016

After many wonderful years of use on my Sony Vaio I excitedly purchased a Z5 Compact. First problem was that it would not work with my Vaio using Vista and the Laptop was near the end of life so Windows update was not economical. So last week decided to buy a new Laptop running Windows 10 along with Office 365. Oh no. Now I find I cant use the old PC Companion which worked really well and the new Xperia Companion does not have those features (Calender & Contacts). All I can see is the option to use the new Outlook 2016 across all devices which I did not want to do. Why can't I have my old transfer of Calenders and Contacts between my Outlook 2016 and the Z5 Compact. Don't want to use the Outlook emails as the Sony email systems on the Z5 works okay. Am I getting too old for this new world where data harvesting via online cloud and storage seems to be the way forward!

One time poster
Message 16 of 53
Message 16 of 53

Re: Xperia Companion -- Where is the Calendar Sync button??>

I unboxed my Z5 24 hours ago...and now I find out is doesn't have the functionality of a 6 year old phone.  Fix the sync Sony this is pathetic.

One time poster
Message 17 of 53
Message 17 of 53

A few months ago did you say Xperia Companion incorporate in a "future" Sync function, like PC Companion.
Now,  you say:  try third-party software to synchronize Outlook with Android.
Reallyl?
Can you suggest someone? .....Maybe Kies?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 18 of 53
Message 18 of 53

Xperia X Sync to Outlook

Hi,

Using the Sony Companion software on my laptop, how do I sync my Outlook Calendar using a USB connection?

The Xperia Z3 sync was quick and easy using the Sony PC Companion software, but I cannot find the Calendar sync option using the Sony companion software.

Thanks and regards

Mike

Apprentice
Message 19 of 53
Message 19 of 53

sony pc companion

My Sony pc companion forced an update on me, which failed, so I un-installed it and download/installed the new software, I now have had to install Xperia companion but I'm struggling to figure out how to synchronise my outlook contacts and calendar with the new software. Please help.
Apprentice
Message 20 of 53
Message 20 of 53

Re: sony pc companion

Is there any way to use the older versions of sony's software, as mine keeps telling me i have to update and forces me to close the app?

unbelievable this sony software to read all our private information has to be ran while online, then blocks us from usage if we fail to update.

what 3rd party software do people recomend to sync via usb cable, not the cloud.