account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Companion Backup / Restore , Sony Xperia 10

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Xperia Companion Backup / Restore , Sony Xperia 10

Is there a solution to backup from Xperia Z5 and restore to a Xperia 10 WITH Xperia Companion?

There is no trouble to take backup from Xperia Z5 but Xperia companion says Xperia 10 is not supported when it comes to backup and restore.

/Jonas

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Xperia Companion Backup / Restore , Sony Xperia 10

I have the same question, so any thoughts appreciated here too.

EDIT: Note to Jonas, FWIW while the transfer function is not available in Companion, you can use the Xperia Transfer app on your Z5 and 10. You can open the app through both devices via Google Play.

I tried this myself earlier and was able to transfer all my photos, SMS messages and the like to the new phone and it seems to have done the job.

Granted, Sony still needs to resolve the Backup/Restore issues in Companion as for a just released phone to be not supported seems rather odd.

One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Same here. i recently bought an xperia 10 and need to back it up in order to clear a software bug (recent update screwed with the charging it seems).

Visitor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Same question, I have an issue with the screen going black and they've asked me to reset it however I can't without backing up the content