account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xparia Companion update and MAC OS 10.9.5

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Xparia Companion update and MAC OS 10.9.5

Hello,

I have a Sony G3112 updated with Android 8.0.0 and I use iMAC with MAC OS 10.9.5.

this evening I connected the Sony G3112 to the MAC to save to photos on my MAC, but Xperia Companion request to perform un update.

once the new file was donwloaded the istallation programme stopped immediatelly because it requires MAC OS 11.0 as minimum requirement.

I restored the previous versione of Companion from the backup machine but It has been impossible to use it: even with the cable of the ADSL disconnected and the wi-fi and data on mobine line disable, the Companion software require to perform the update without any proposal....

I ask if it is possible to use a old version of Sony Companion compatible with my MAC OS 10.9.5 without the request of the update?

thank you in advance fo royu reply.