account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wireless connect to PC no longer work after Android 6.0.1 update

Visitor
Message 31 of 49
Message 31 of 49

Re: Wireless connect to PC no longer work after Android 6.0.1 update

I'm really sorry Sony, but you made a big mistake, instead of improving a feature, you take it out, it is easier right? Why remove this excellent content from Z series? Could you give us at least an explanation? It was so convenient, I loved it. I own a Z3C and I have a magnetic charger, combined with the natural feature of my phone to transfer files in wifi was really good, because due to this I would never open my usb port again.

Ok that we have third party applications for that, I tried some, but none of them is simple, many of them you must to create an account, use a browser, cannot choose the folders you are transfering to, you cannot manage the files at all as well... a big complication. The feature you had in Z series was genius and simple, now it is gone.

I hope you reconsider that, it was really a shot in your heads.

One time poster
Message 32 of 49
Message 32 of 49

Connect phone to laptop wireless

Can't connect phone with laptop wireless
Emperor
Message 33 of 49
Message 33 of 49

Re: Connect phone to laptop wireless

@Alan57

Are you referring to the old PCC wireless connectivity or are you referring to reverse tethering or to control certain apps from your computer?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 34 of 49
Message 34 of 49

Re: Wireless connect to PC no longer work after Android 6.0.1 update

Dear SONY Team,

I also want to add that I am a DK48 user; so unplugging my cable etc to connect PC is really hard :-)

So, tell me the way to downgrade or update 6.0.1 asap to enable that feature... Because Z3 usage is really turned into a shame... Its killing me...

Regards

Inhabitant
Message 35 of 49
Message 35 of 49

Re: Wireless data transfer problem after the marshmallow update

Could not say it any better.

I'am crying after every single downgrade, i mean update.

Hate to lose functions.

It's just annyosing.

Z5 Premium is my 4. Sony phone. but it feels like the Z3 was better. Had more functions, which are now killed with updates...

Inhabitant
Message 36 of 49
Message 36 of 49

Re: PC connectivity via Wi-Fi disappeared after update to 6.0.1

True, if there would be a list for functions we loosing with an "update", i would be on 4.4.4. And that's it.

Rookie
Message 37 of 49
Message 37 of 49

cannot pair with PC

Hi!

I could pair my Z3C with my previous laptop, but it seems I miss something now that I try again my my new machine running win10:

- under settings/connectivity/USB connectivity: No pair choice. The only choice available is "software installation". (and it installs Companion on the PC when connected via USB cable)

- I can't find the any "pairing" option in Xperia companion installed on the PC.

USB connection works fine.

Any ideas?

Thnaks for your help!

Emperor
Message 38 of 49
Message 38 of 49

Re: cannot pair with PC

@anders31

It's not supported.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 39 of 49
Message 39 of 49

Re: cannot pair with PC

Thanks for your answer!

So you mean I can't do it anymore... 

The documentation online only mention this way for transferring files via wifi:

http://support.sonymobile.com/ie/xperiaz3compact/userguide/Managing-files-using-a-computer/

How can I do it now?

One time poster
Message 40 of 49
Message 40 of 49

Connecting to Z3c over wifi using Windows PC

Hey Everyone,

If this question has been asked and answered before then I apologise and would be grateful if you could point me to that post. . .

Before the Marshmallow update I was able to connect to my Xperia Z3 compact over wifi and browse and copy files, etc. (not using DNLA) from my Windows 7 PC.  The setting was in Settings-> Device Connection -> USB menu.

However since the update this option is no longer there, which is quite annoying as I hate using the usb port and having to use the temperamental usb flap cover Slightly frowning Face

Is it just my phone, or does this option no longer exist with other Z3Compact phones?

Thanks in advance.