account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Wireless connect to PC no longer work after Android 6.0.1 update

Talent
Message 11 of 49
Message 11 of 49

Re: Wireless data transfer problem after the marshmallow update

@Mistabeak

I'm thinking of exactly the same thing. I like how Sony feels and what Sony has to offer at the time of purchase, but everytime when there is an upgrade, Sony can't get it right and remove many of the needed and usable features they provided in the beginning. I had other brand phones before and their software upgrade always bring on new features on top of what they have. But with Sony, every upgrade I'm missing something. I don't know. I felt they just can't get their acts together. They have a good phone, but their software development team kill it. no wonder they are not doing so well in the Phone sector.

One time poster
Message 12 of 49
Message 12 of 49

pc companion wifi connection android 6

After updating to android 6 MM i cant set up my z3c with wifi, only with usb cable. pc companion displays this software version is not supported.

will you add this function at anytime or syncing will only be with usb?

Regular
Message 13 of 49
Message 13 of 49

PC connectivity via Wi-Fi disappeared after update to 6.0.1

As in the title, the option to connect my Z3c to the PC via wi-fi disappeared from the menu after I updated to 6.0.1 OTA (build 23.5.A.0.570) today.

I've tried to pair them again using the PC Companion "How to connect" but it says that the software isn't able to connect to PC Companion trough wi-fi.

Here's a screenshot of the message (in Italian).
Cattura.JPG 

Please, reintegrate the function soon. Thank you.

Regular
Message 14 of 49
Message 14 of 49

Re: PC connectivity via Wi-Fi disappeared after update to 6.0.1

Oh there was already a topic about it. So the function won't be implemented again?

I guess I can say goodbye to water resistance of the usb cover if I have to open it every time I have to move a file to the phone. This is so bad, you should write the downgrade notes instead of the new (?) feature.

Visitor
Message 15 of 49
Message 15 of 49

Re: Wireless connect to PC no longer work after Android 6.0.1 update

I don't blame Sony for this, but I wasted several hours trying to fix it because PC Companion led me to believe that I just needed to connect the USB cable, which didn't work either. If PC Companion notified me that this feature was removed up front instead of wasting my time, I would have just installed AirDroid directly.

Adviser
Message 16 of 49
Message 16 of 49

Yeah, both things are the worst. If I would have known those features were gonna be removed, I would not have upgraded to MM.

"I like to quote myself", Me
Apprentice
Message 17 of 49
Message 17 of 49

This makes me really furious since I use this feature on a nearly daily basis. I bought Sony(-Ericsson) cellphones for more than 10 years now. But now I'm really finished with Sony!!

Learner
Message 18 of 49
Message 18 of 49

Android 6 and WiFi sync

Excellent. Updated on Anroid 6. Where is the connection to the computer via WiFi? I now have to buy a new cover for usb port? Sync music and photos with a computer is used almost every day. Using usb cord quickly kill watertight and dustproof, too.

Sony, please think about it.

Please return the magic necessary connection with a computer wirelessly. I really hope for your help.

Apprentice
Message 19 of 49
Message 19 of 49

Re: Android 6 and WiFi sync

Just found out today that Wireless PC connection is gone.

Z2 here. Wish I didn't upgrade to Android 6.

Can't believe what Sony Mobile is doing. Unless this is fixed soon, I'm done with Sony Xperia phones.

Apprentice
Message 20 of 49
Message 20 of 49

But for people who are using Lollipop?
Please bring the feature back, at least for users with older versions of Android.