account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Wireless connect to PC no longer work after Android 6.0.1 update

Visitor
Message 21 of 49
Message 21 of 49

Re: Wireless data transfer problem after the marshmallow update

That is unbeliavable marshmallow comes with obstacles instead of make device much usefull let life get easier...

firstly microphone problem ( third party does not hear you well)

and then cancelling wireless connection option on pc companion... !

so what is suggestion of SONY ? to use USB cable to connect a computer min. 5 times a day for your personal/work needs ? even for a device which as IP liquid protection ... 

Bring it back pleaseee....

One time poster
Message 22 of 49
Message 22 of 49

Re: Wireless connect to PC no longer work after Android 6.0.1 update

C'mon Sony, so many good feauteres where removed in M,why? I'm considering to not buy Sony phone anymore.
Message 23 of 49
Message 23 of 49

Can't pair z2 to pc wireless since updated to marshmallow

After updating to marshmallow the option of pairing the phone with pc via wifi disappeared 

Any method to restore this option?

Another problem (which also existed in Lollipop) when sync contacts with google account, the contacts photos revert to thumbnails with very low resolution, is it normal or is there any way to fix it.

Thanks.

Message 24 of 49
Message 24 of 49

Re: Welcome to the Forum, please introduce yourselves!

Hi fellows,

My name is Danilo and I'm from Brazil. I own an Xperia Z3 Compact.

My question is: why can't I find the "pair with PC" option in USB Connectivity?

It has been removed when updated to Marshmallow? Or simply change to another settings section?

I could connect my phone to PC wirelessly before marshmallow and now I cannot anymore.

Since I'm a new guy here, please, point me a thread if there is one topic to this issue.

Thank you very much in advance.

Visitor
Message 25 of 49
Message 25 of 49

After much time and trouble I downloaded airdroid to my phone and pc, only to discover that it is vastly inferior to the simplicity of the old Sony connect over wifi. I have also downloaded myphoneexplorer to my phone; it seems to have some interesting features, but I can't make the setup work on my PC.

This is a real step backwards.

I am very disappointed. 

Please reinstate something as good as the old system.

Alan

One time poster
Message 26 of 49
Message 26 of 49

Basically a bump for the original post. 

The option of connecting to my pc over wifi was one of the few built-in options I used multiple times a day.

Now Sony is deprecating the one feature on the earlier Xperia phones that made it really awesome? That's not cool (apparently I'm not allowed to swear even mildly). 

There are third party apps that have the same functionality as others have said, and there is always the option of connecting via USB if you don't mind killing the water- and dustproofing (which to be honest, I REALLY don't want to), but nothing beats the convenience that the wifi connection option had. 

Seriously Sony, if you care about your customers, either do something about the removal of nice features like this one or give a notice that features like these will be removed with updates. Either way, with the way you managed this and the frankly inadequate response of your representatives, you messed this up.  

One time poster
Message 27 of 49
Message 27 of 49

God, why did they have to remove this one feature that was so convenient. All third party apps require all kinds of crap of a hassle with internet browser and secondary applications to install on pc, when this one was just "Oh, need to transfer files onto/from pc, *turn on transfer*, all set!" 

Tried through all the wifi apps from google store, each crappier than the other. Screw it all, I am just going to use the usb cable. 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 28 of 49
Message 28 of 49

Media Go Problem after Marshmallow 6.0.1 update***

Dear SONY Team,

Will you have an update for Z3 etc for WiFi (Media Go) Transfer? As you know, before 6.0.1 update, it was available to transfer taken photos and videos etc without cable connection, so WE ALL Xperia users want that FEATURE back***

That FEATURE was my no.1 feature which was letting my friends to buy SONY*** Also, this feature was really GREAT, AMAZING and COMFORTABLE***

If you do not plan to give that feature back, so please tell me the way to downgrade my OS back***

Media Go

Xperia Z3

PC Companion

Xperia Companion

Kind Regards

Can Kurdi

One time poster
Message 29 of 49
Message 29 of 49

Losing such an important feature in an update??? Might as well just call it a downgrade.. Sony well done!! So now i have to find some 3rd party app to do what i need to do everyday. What are you guys smoking at your development centre?! So frustrating.. and not even a heads up of what ur gonna get/lose everytime in an update.. otherwise i wudve stuck to lollipop..

One time poster
Message 30 of 49
Message 30 of 49

I just spent the last half hour thinking this was a fault only to find its a "Feature", why would you remove wireless transfer... It makes as much sense as downgrading to a Pentium II