account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Which are my big files on Sony Xperia Z1

SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Which are my big files on Sony Xperia Z1

I have connected my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact to my Macbook using Sony Bridge for Mac. I see that it is completely full of files, which are not videos, music or photos (see screenshot 1). I open the browser to look for which files are so huge, but the size it displays per directory is always 4 kB, not the size of the contents of the directory (see screenshot 2). How can I quickly find my large files?

Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 16.40.12.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 16.41.34.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Which are my big files on Sony Xperia Z1

What does the phone say in the storage menu

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

What does the phone say in the storage menu

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

That is actually a good way to look for it. It mentioned that I had 5 GB in apps and 3 GB in cache, which I cleared right away. This helped my most immediate problem, thanks!

My question remains regarding the Sony Bridge for Mac: how can I see how big directories are?

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I'm a Windows users but if I were to open the phone to view the folders via Computer then I can see media folders and files only - System folders are hidden to stop accidents like unintentionally deleting needed files etc however these can be viewed on a rooted phone via the file manager app

Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

The problem is not that I cannot see the directories. I can see all directories, and see what's inside them. I cannot see the size of the contents though, and the directory structure is often nested with thousands of directories in the tree.

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

On a Windows system I am able to sort by size and view details like the size of individual files - With Macs then I have no idea how it works