account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Where is the Xperia™ Companion for Linux

Sony Xperia Support
Message 21 of 35
Message 21 of 35

Re: Where is the Xperia™ Companion for Linux

Thank you Everyone for your feedback, I will make sure to forward it - but as it is today, I have no news regarding Xperia Companion for Linux. Slightly frowning Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 22 of 35
Message 22 of 35

+1 for getting a linux version of this software...

One time poster
Message 23 of 35
Message 23 of 35

+1 for a linux version

Learner
Message 24 of 35
Message 24 of 35

1. Would be benefits if there is official version to repair/troubleshoot or backup/upgrade firmware not just for Linux itself but for versions that supported by businesses like Dell, Lenovo and HP, namely, Ubuntu LTS 16.04, SuSE or RHEL or their "home customers" editions like OpenSuSE or Fedora/ROSA/CentOS perhaps.

2. What I mean no need in support for many versions/distros/edition of the global Linux area but some one way .. at least if you can not support distros you could support format like AppImage that would work in any Linux distros!

3. If the Technical Management will decide to do so but will have shortcomings of the human source , it's possible to create development team , say for 2 month, to transfer code from Windows to Linux under closed agreement between the company and developers, and after to create support/maintenance team from the company worker , maybe 2 , that would be much less than first one. A lot of the mail can be reviewed by modern AI platforms for instance too.

And to test water how many real people use Linux edition of the SONY tools compring the other SONY customers and how many of them use other SONY products.

For instance I use not only one cellular for 5 years buy headsets, TV sets, VAIO laptops and so on. 

4. So Cellular Linux customer in my opinion not jut the people use only cellular but many other SONY products. SONY do not loose your customers! We really appreciate your products.

5. In term of the ownership there do exist closed source Linux software and we use it as primarly used operational platform is Linux on servers and in offices and at home.

One time poster
Message 25 of 35
Message 25 of 35

Another Linux user here who would like a solution. Currently my upgrade to 235 is not applying from the phone and I just bought this phone brand new a month ago. This is unacceptable for an expensive phone to be honest. I was trying to upgrade from Motorola and expected a smoother experience with Sony. So far it has been until this update. This is my first Sony smartphone and I am really hoping to be able to enjoy it for years without major issues. Having an upgrade pop a reminder every day is becoming annoying.

Visitor
Message 26 of 35
Message 26 of 35

Could you please provide TWRP or fastboot/ADB flashable files?  I am stuck on a 5.0 android with a ton of security exploits and want at least close a few of them and upgrade to 6.0 but the phone does not offer it via OTA. I mean the hardware is really fine but not giving any chance to update this not using windows or mac is really a crime of wasting resources. I voided my warranty to update the phone and am still stuck to your "user experience" software that no one would need if you gave people just the files for the tools that already exist.

One time poster
Message 27 of 35
Message 27 of 35

one more linux user +1 for a linux version

Pioneer
Message 28 of 35
Message 28 of 35

Hi @Emir

Do you remember this discussion?

BUMP!

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
One time poster
Message 29 of 35
Message 29 of 35

+1 for a linux version

One time poster
Message 30 of 35
Message 30 of 35

Hello Emir,

where is Xperia™ Companion for Linux project ?

I dont want to use any of Microsoft or Apple product !!

i am using a free system , it could be kind of you to give me a way to download my files from my SONY XZ1 .

tanks 

Paul