Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2018-05-02 11:06 AM
Thank you Everyone for your feedback, I will make sure to forward it - but as it is today, I have no news regarding Xperia Companion for Linux.
2018-07-23 08:26 PM - edited 2018-07-23 08:47 PM
1. Would be benefits if there is official version to repair/troubleshoot or backup/upgrade firmware not just for Linux itself but for versions that supported by businesses like Dell, Lenovo and HP, namely, Ubuntu LTS 16.04, SuSE or RHEL or their "home customers" editions like OpenSuSE or Fedora/ROSA/CentOS perhaps.
2. What I mean no need in support for many versions/distros/edition of the global Linux area but some one way .. at least if you can not support distros you could support format like AppImage that would work in any Linux distros!
3. If the Technical Management will decide to do so but will have shortcomings of the human source , it's possible to create development team , say for 2 month, to transfer code from Windows to Linux under closed agreement between the company and developers, and after to create support/maintenance team from the company worker , maybe 2 , that would be much less than first one. A lot of the mail can be reviewed by modern AI platforms for instance too.
And to test water how many real people use Linux edition of the SONY tools compring the other SONY customers and how many of them use other SONY products.
For instance I use not only one cellular for 5 years buy headsets, TV sets, VAIO laptops and so on.
4. So Cellular Linux customer in my opinion not jut the people use only cellular but many other SONY products. SONY do not loose your customers! We really appreciate your products.
5. In term of the ownership there do exist closed source Linux software and we use it as primarly used operational platform is Linux on servers and in offices and at home.
2018-07-28 07:46 AM
Another Linux user here who would like a solution. Currently my upgrade to 235 is not applying from the phone and I just bought this phone brand new a month ago. This is unacceptable for an expensive phone to be honest. I was trying to upgrade from Motorola and expected a smoother experience with Sony. So far it has been until this update. This is my first Sony smartphone and I am really hoping to be able to enjoy it for years without major issues. Having an upgrade pop a reminder every day is becoming annoying.
2018-10-12 12:31 PM
Could you please provide TWRP or fastboot/ADB flashable files? I am stuck on a 5.0 android with a ton of security exploits and want at least close a few of them and upgrade to 6.0 but the phone does not offer it via OTA. I mean the hardware is really fine but not giving any chance to update this not using windows or mac is really a crime of wasting resources. I voided my warranty to update the phone and am still stuck to your "user experience" software that no one would need if you gave people just the files for the tools that already exist.
where is Xperia™ Companion for Linux project ?
I dont want to use any of Microsoft or Apple product !!
i am using a free system , it could be kind of you to give me a way to download my files from my SONY XZ1 .