account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Update Error code: kResultCode_DeltaUpdateResultDidReturnFail

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Update Error code: kResultCode_DeltaUpdateResultDidReturnFail

Hi

Any solutions to the above mentioned error when trying to update to the latest 39.2.A.0.374 on the Xperia XZ. Tried doing the update via wifi and wouldn't work. Then tried the PC companion and this error comes up after the phones restarts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Update Error code: kResultCode_DeltaUpdateResultDidReturnFail

Try reinstalling Sony Xperia Companion and try it again.
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Try reinstalling Sony Xperia Companion and try it again.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

HI @shikar,

Just to expand a little on what @Phy suggests, PC Companion has been discontinued, and has been replaced by Xperia Companion.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Thanks guys. I uninstalled xperia companion even though it was the updated version on my pic. Then I installed the preloaded companion from the phone and the update worked. All good now. Updating via WiFi just never worked.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

@shikar,

Glad to hear it's working. Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Visitor
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

excuse me, i have the same problem but uninstalling and installing new version of xperia companion don't help me. The same error is written. Can you help me?

One time poster
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

I'm having the exact same problem, but the Xperia Companion is falling too. Extremely frustrated. How do we solve this?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

HI @Pkacquarone & @Vano13,

Welcome to the community.

If Xperia companion is not working correctly there are a few steps that you can try to resolve this.

Try these methods one after the other. Verify after each method whether the problem was solved, before trying the next one.

• Try different USB cables and a different USB port in your computer.
  • Make sure that you have a working Internet access. Visit any website, for example, www.sonymobile.com, to verify that the computer can access the Internet. If that is a problem, please check cable, router or the Internet service provider etc.
  • Check your firewall and make sure that Sony Ericsson Update Engine and Xperia Companion are allowed to access the Internet. For instructions, refer to the user guide for the firewall.
  • Check your proxy settings. If you are trying to update your device when connected to a corporate network, you might be using a proxy. Contact your network administrator for further assistance.
  • Check that Java is up to date on your computer. https://java.com/en/download/
  • Restart the computer and try again.

Visitor
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

yeaaaaah, i changed USB port on the computer and everything was done. Thank you very much

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

@Vano13,

I am glad to hear you got it working Slightly smiling Face