account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

UEUpdateFailed UE_2005

One time poster
Message 21 of 28
Message 21 of 28

Re: Dead smartphone

I have sony Xperia M when i update mobile in Sony xperia companion it's show an error: UEUpdate2005. so plz give me solution.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 22 of 28
Message 22 of 28

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I was told by support that there's nothing Sony can do because they "don't have the equipment to fix the Xperia M anymore"... Sending it in for a repair would be a waste of money. I never damaged the phone before this, so it was annoying that I had to buy a new phone when the M was just outside of its warranty.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 23 of 28
Message 23 of 28

Hi @Ishu1,

Could you please verify that you have the latest version, 1.5.3.0, of Xperia Companion? If you do then would it be possible for you to upload a screenshot of the error message here?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 24 of 28
Message 24 of 28

Re: UEUpdateFailed UE_2005

erro UEUpdateFailed
UE_2005

One time poster
Message 25 of 28
Message 25 of 28

Same here and I cant find any solution!

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 26 of 28
Message 26 of 28

wasn't ue_errors related to connectivity to the XC servers?

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
One time poster
Message 27 of 28
Message 27 of 28

Hi,

I sufer the same problem, a new update from Android 6.0 dammeged the SD card but the others funtions was ok , I call support and they make me "Repair" through XCompenion, several times shows this error ueupdatefailed ue_2005, I contact again support and they said that coulden't fix it I have to travel to Mexico, where I buyed it, for a technical can see it. I'm from Argentina. And there's out of warranty. The question is who gonna be responsable, because if I wouldn't "repair" my C5 Ultra E5506 like they said, will still funtion?
Request: 1-35515032873

Thanks

One time poster
Message 28 of 28
Message 28 of 28

While I hate to necro a thread, I came to this thread after searching for a solution for the exact same error message when trying to repair my XZ. 

I don't know if it made a difference but I ran the Xperia Companion software as Administrator and it did the trick. Also, if you are having issues with detection of your device because it fails to update in the middle of a repair, even with a blank screen go in this order (do NOT do this if you are in the middle of a running repair):

With Unplug device from computer

Hold down volume button 

While holding down volume button, plug device back in

Release down volume button

After doing this, something inside the phone (it was still a blank screen) activated, I suddenly had the USB notification sound on my PC and the repair went through. 

Good luck everyone. Slightly smiling Face