account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

UEUpdateFailed UE_2005

One time poster
Message 11 of 28
Message 11 of 28

Re: Boot loop to bricked Xperia Z5

Hi,

I had the same problem and I solved it doing this:

1. Unistall Xperia Companion

2. Download again the Xperia Companion

3. Install the Xperia Companion and connect de PC to the wire ethernet (not wireless)

4. Shutdown the Phone

5. In Xperia Companion select Fix the software

6. When the software say, push volume down button and connect the phone

7. Continue the next steps until Xperia Companin start to fix the phone.

8. Problem Solved.

Note: In my case, the problem was that xperia companion can´t download all the software if i have my PC connected to Wifi, when i connect it to the etherent wire, works fine.

I hope this help.

One time poster
Message 12 of 28
Message 12 of 28

XEPRIA C SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED

after i factory reset my xperia...the im reboot...but it stuck at sony logo

then im using xperia companion to repair the software...

after that it failed....a lot of times i do it again but still have the same answer...

error:ueupdate failed

ue_2005 

what should i do???

Emperor
Message 13 of 28
Message 13 of 28

Re: XEPRIA C SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED

@IMREGRETBUYSONYPHONE

Remove the SIM card and try again, if that doesn't work, contact your Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 14 of 28
Message 14 of 28

Re: UEUpdateFailed UE_2005

I have tried to repair software  of my sony experia z (C6603) mobile phone through  using experia companion in my laptop. When updating software few times later message shown UE updated failure. UE_2005. I disconnect my phone and push power button a message shown in phone is software updated failed. Make sure your phone is connected to the compute. Try again later. I have tried several times to repair software, but same message shown. What can I do to fix this problem?

Please reply your message.

With regards,

Md. Babul Hossain

Visitor
Message 15 of 28
Message 15 of 28

UEUpdateFailed

Hello

I'm trying to update my LT26I with Xperia Companion and after ~20% loading i get this problem:

Error code: UEUpdateFailed
UE_2005

After this error, i cant turn on my telephone. I press power button, and see logo Sony about 5 second and he turn off again

Sony Xperia Support
Message 16 of 28
Message 16 of 28

Re: UEUpdateFailed

Hi @Anna777, I'm so sorry to hear this. Slightly frowning Face

I'm afraid that LT26i, Xperia S, has reached end of support. This means that it may no longer be possible to update the device. You can try to perform a software repair using Xperia Companion but I'm afraid that it may not be possible due to previously mentioned reason.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 17 of 28
Message 17 of 28

ue_2005

Hello 

Sorry for 2 same messages, because first time i was write wrong model phone (LT26I)-not correct

I'm trying to update my LT29I with Xperia Companion and after ~20% loading i get this problem:

UE_2005

After this error, i cant turn on my telephone. I press power button, and see logo SONY about 5 second and he turn off again, but when i connect telephone to PC ,  lamp lights green color.

Someone can help me recover a phone? Companion dont help me, i use all instructions right.

One time poster
Message 18 of 28
Message 18 of 28

Software Update Interruption

I was updating my software using Xperia Companion, then my phone got interrupted. It doesn't turn on, it only shows Sony Xperia and doesn't go through when I try to turn it on. When I try to repair it using Xperia Companion. It shows the following message
"Software repair failed.
An error occurred while repairing your device. 
Please try again. If the problem persists, please contact Sony support. 

Error code:UEUpdateFailed
UE_2005"

And this messages has been appearing since I've been trying to repair it.
Highlighted
Learner
Message 19 of 28
Message 19 of 28

Re: Dead smartphone

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same problem with the same phone. Have you found a solution? I've been emailing Sony but haven't made any progress yet.

Thanks.

One time poster
Message 20 of 28
Message 20 of 28

Re: Dead smartphone

Hi ... I am using xperia m but the suddenly there is a description "Type password to decrypt storage" and I try to fix it using the Xperia companion but failed and caption:

Software repair failed

An error occurred while repairing your device.
Please try again. If the problem persists, please contact Sony support.

UE_2005