account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sync music to a SD card via Xperia Companion

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Sync music to a SD card via Xperia Companion

Hi, I purchased a XZ1 yesterday and I'm in the process of adding my laptop's music files. I tried to sync the music on my laptop to my SD card via Xperia Companion, but I received the message, "There is not enough memory in the device for the current selection." I assumed Xperia Companion can sync with my SD card if there's enough memory, so I formatted my SD card.

However, Xperia Companion still gives the "There is not enough memory..." message afterward. My SD card is 128 GB, so it has enough space to accept the music files with 30% extra free space to boot: https://www.screencast.com/t/adzz14q0pAY. The desktop companion for my old windows phone was able to sync to a SD card, so I'm not sure why I can't with a newer Sony Android phone.

I found an old thread where another user had this issue a 1+ year ago, but the old comments imply the issue hasn't been resolved.

Can Xperia Companion sync music to a SD card?

Thanks!