account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony PC Companion at installation a mistake kernell32.dll

One time poster
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Sony PC Companion at installation a mistake kernell32.dll

Sony PC Companion at installation a mistake the entry point in the SetDefaultDllDirectories procedure isn't found in KERNEL32.dll library DLL

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Sony PC Companion at installation a mistake kernell32.dll

Take a look here:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/PC-Mac-Software/Media-GO-3-1-amp-missing-DLL/m-p/1161149#U1161149

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Can't install Xperia Companion

Capture.JPG

This is what I see every time when trying to install.

Adviser
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

I've downloaded both x32 and x64 but still can't install Xperia Companion. Please help.

Adviser
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Why isn't anyone responding? Really disappointing support. I said I have installed both the x32 and x64 but still nothing. Please help. I need Xperia Companion.

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Update VC Redistributable at the Microsoft site. Grab the ones relevant to your OS and start at 2010 to 2015

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
One time poster
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

how to retify my problem not installed my sony xperia software 

One time poster
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Re: Can't install Xperia Companion

The  procedure entry point set default dll directories could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

Apprentice
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Hi,

I'm not sure if this addresses the same problem or not. However. I tried to reinstall C++ and failed. I have answered in that thread about my error message.

/Lars

Apprentice
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

I succeded in installing the Swedish version of Visual C++ 2017 (from https://support.microsoft.com/sv-se/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads):Svensk Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 gick bra; 170711.PNG

The problem of installing Xperia Companion still remains however:Fortfarande felmeddelande Xperia Companion; 170711.PNG

Any reflections or ideas?

/Lars