account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Bridge for Mac import photo error

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Sony Bridge for Mac import photo error

Sony Bridge for Mac version 4.2.1 (4210) wn't import any photos to Mac Photos. I have been trying for weeks now but continually get an "Error".  It used to say "error - no metadata" but now just says error.. The only way I can transfer my photos from my Xperia Z1 to my Mac Photos app is via uploading to Facebook or a Cloud storage, then download them onto my MacBook..

Anyone know how to fix this? 

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sony Bridge for Mac import photo error

@mishee

Download android file transfer on your Mac

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I now have the same problem. I have an xperia Z2 and my mac is updated to El capitan in case that makes a difference. it imports the movies from the phone but not any of the photos.

Talent
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi zonocoburger!

Sorry for you inconvenient.

Can you please send me the error logs.

Here’s how to get error logs from Sony Bridge for Mac:
1. In BfM, hold the "alt" key down while selecting the "Xperia" menu. Select "Clear logs" to remove all old logs and get a clean start
2. Reproduce the problem you're having, whether it's connecting the phone, importing photos, doing backup...
3. In BfM, hold the "alt" key down while selecting the ”Xperia” menu. Select "Export logs"
4. On the computers desktop there should now be a file named "SonyBridgeForMacLogs_[date].zip
5. PM a shared dropbox link to me.

Best regards

Fredrik