account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Bridge for Mac NO MEMORY

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Sony Bridge for Mac NO MEMORY

Hi guys,

I have a Sony Xperia LT22i and I'm using Sony Bridge for Mac to sync files between my computer and my phone. It used to work perfectly fine (which is, apparently, a miracle!) but now I have came across a big problem. Sony Bridge keeps telling me that there is 0 memory in the phone, and no matter hoy many files I delete, it still says that. I can't copy new music or new files, even if the phone says that there is enough space. Sony Bridge just doesn't seem to notice that there is free space in the device! 

Is there something I can do? Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you so much.

8 REPLIES 8
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Sony Bridge for Mac NO MEMORY

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

How much memory do you have left in your phone? You can see this if you go to Settings > Storage.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

I have 800 MB of free space in the phone!

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Well, I'm not sure how much memory that you need to have available to transfer via Bridge for Mac. And depending on how much you are trying to transfer, it can sometimes say no since you need to have some space available on the phone to make it work properly.

Perhaps you can try to use the Android File transfer program instead of Bridge for Mac to see if you experience the same behaviour:
https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Hi oscillation!

Sorry to hear you have a problem with BFM.

Which version of Bridge for mac are you using?

Try to update to the latest version and see if that works.

If you still have a problem please write hear and I will try to help you.

Best regards

Fredrik

One time poster
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

When I try to update my Sony Xperia M2 I encounter the same problem. A message says that my phone must have 500 MB free internal memory and to remove some files eventhough I have more than 500 MB memory. I even deleted some apps and have 578 MB free memory but I'm still experiencing the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Talent
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Hi!

Sorry for my late answer.

I’m not sure what is causing your problem.

Can you please send me the error logs and I will forward them to the development team.

Here’s how to get error logs from Sony Bridge for Mac:
1. In BfM, hold the "alt" key down while selecting the "Phone" menu. Select "Clear logs" to remove all old logs and get a clean start
2. Reproduce the problem you're having, whether it's connecting the phone, importing photos, doing backup...
3. In BfM, hold the "alt" key down while selecting the ”Xperia” menu. Select "Export logs"
4. On the computers desktop there should now be a file named "SonyBridgeForMacLogs_[date].zip
5. PM a shared dropbox link with the file to me.

Best regards

Fredrik

Regular
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Hello

I have the same problem and I think I understand the issue. 

I have a xperia z3  with 16GB internal + 16GB SD.   On both are about 4GB free. 

But BFM sums all files so 12GB+12GB and says hey that is more then the 14 internal available and claims memory full. 

If I unmount the SD BFM sees only 12GB and is happy... 

Please correct this in BFM and make a quick update

Regards 

Learner
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

I think i found the solution....

i have a z1 compact and backed-up my data for a restore

got the same issue "not enough memory to restore"

i even freed so much space (6gb!!)

Sony Bridge for Mac showed i had only freed up 1.5gb about 5gb less!!

but then i believe it had to due with reading my sd card so i removed it and voila!!

now sony bridge says i have 4gb of space (even though its still 6gb Expressionless Face but im not complaining if itll just restore!!)

so remove your sd card and see how it works after that 

hope this helps guys!