account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

PC Companion servers are down

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

PC Companion servers are down

This morning after connecting my phone to laptop the PC Companion is saying that the phone / tablet software update information currently not accessible then a box message says Server not accessible, please try again later.

It normally works and I can confirm that I'm connected to the Internet, so is the server currently down?

11 REPLIES 11
Commissioner
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Sony PC Companion

Well I tried restarting the phone and laptop and still got the same message, however I just noticed that it's telling me that my phone is up-to-date and showing that blue tick.

I wonder if the server had been down for maintenance?

Anyhow it's back connecting to the server as per the norm.
Commissioner
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Well this is strange, I decided to click again where it said it was up-to-date and after a couple of seconds it said not accessible again, what is causing this?
Commissioner
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

I can report that this issue is intermittent, but with me anyway it used to properly connect to the server everytime, so either the server is busy or something has changed.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

I just had a look and I experience the same. I would think that there are some temporary disturbances, I recommend that we give the server some time and check back shortly. It'll hopefully be resolved by then. Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Thanks for confirming, if you find out any further information please can you let me know.

Btw, the section where you can enter your IMEI number doesn't work either as when I hit on show information after entering the IMEI number nothing happens, is this related to the same issue or is that not supported now?

I have to say that I haven't used it before.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Are you referring to My support?
https://mysupport.sonymobile.com/

It would be best to keep the thread on topic so feel free to PM me or create a new thread if you wish to discuss a different topic. Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Commissioner
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Re: PC Companion servers are down

@Emir
I've sent you a PM.
Commissioner
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

@Emir

Thanks for your help, regarding the original issue for this thread, let's hope it's only temporary. 😊
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

I hope so, shouldn't take too long to get online I imagine. Slightly smiling Face Let's be patient and check back from time to time!