account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

PC Companion pairing with Z3 failure

Commissioner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

PC Companion pairing with Z3 failure

Hi. I use Win8.1 (latest update) and latest PC Companion. In Z3 the storage of USB is set to MTP. In settings-xperia-USB connectivity is shown, for wireless connections, my notebook, but when I try to pair with my notebook (with open PCC and also both devices are connction to the same wifi) by clicking on the name of notebook it just shows attempt to connection but on notebook nothing happened. And after few moments attempt stops. After successful pairing PCC prompted me to unplug data cable. I did it. Then it switched to the screen with installing phone/tablet and there it stucks. After 35 min of installing phone/tablet (mean this window)

Bez názvu.jpg

I gave it up and tried to do it again. But same result. So can u haelp me?

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
2 REPLIES 2
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: PC Companion pairing with Z3 failure

You need to disconnect your phone from the Pc then select How to connect then choose wifi and follow the guide - It will ask you to turn on wifi on your phone and then at some point connect your phone via USB so the settings can be pushed to your phone and you will then need to accept the RSA key and select always then it should be done

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: PC Companion pairing with Z3 failure

I know i did it. It added name of my notebook to phone, but it doesn't want to open/connect to file manager when I'm trying.

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop