account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

PC Companion no longer works

One time poster
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

Re: PC Companion no longer works

Thanks for pointing this the new software.

PC Companion no longer able to sync contacts and calendars, Xperia Companion does not even have this functionality.  This is progress ....  thanks Sony.  Much as I dislike iPhone, there are more and more reasons for switching to Apple.

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 13
Message 12 of 13

Unfortunately Sony reknown quality lacks lately.

Case in point, PCC vs XC. 

Where PCC would first download the fw file over the network, then prompt you when it's done so you can do the update at your leisure, this time XC would need your phone to stay connected from the very beginning via usb so that the update procedure would include the download (quite a lenghty task, not to mention risky). My yesterday update went fine although it's been really long: I won't be too surprised if updates over slower networks could result in softbricks. Another maybe less serious issues: XC won't recognize od PCC dbk backups, it also lost some other functionalities. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 13 of 13
Message 13 of 13

Ok...after tearing my hair out for a few weeks, I found a solution. I found that a .dll file is causing the problem and may be caused by MS Office 2016. I have since downgraded to Office 2013 and have managed to sync my calendar and contacts.