account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

PC Companion fails connecting to Update-routine

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

PC Companion fails connecting to Update-routine

I wanted to update my Xperia z3 from 4.4.4 to 5.0.2 via PC Companion, when the PC is in the second step, the process stops when the update bar is nearly full, with the Error 11. The advises, that come up with this error are unusable, as PC Companion can communicate through the Firewall and waiting doesn't change a thing (tested it over 2 days. Can anyone tell me what I have to do? (Btw I have Windows Vista SP2, XperiFirm doesn't work) Thanks in advance.
13 REPLIES 13
Emperor
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: PC Companion fails connecting to Update-routine

Disable both the firewall and Antivirus on your PC and try again

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

Thanks for the fast response, uliwooly. I already disabled the Firewall, but that didn't worked, so probably I have to disable Antivirus (probably that's where it's causing problems, since I got more than one Antivirus program). I'll tell you tomorrow, if it has worked.
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

Is your Vista system 64bit as there maybe a compatibility issue with the Flashmode driver

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Learner
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

Yes, it is.
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

!st check that your Flashmode driver is installed via your device manager then if it is you may need to run PCC in compatibility mode

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Learner
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Thanks, I'll check it tomorrow.
Learner
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

So, I tested it, while Firewall was disabled, I also installed the flashmode drivers and I did let PC Companion run through all Compatibility-modes, but nothing changes at the issue. What else can I do to update my device or make PC Companion run as it should?
Learner
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Side note: As the screen "Preparation runs..." appears, the progress bar starts at 3/4 of the bar, and then slowly progresses, and as it nearly completes, it disrupts with the Error 11.
Learner
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Ok, so I made XperiFirm run (just moved to /.flashtool), but there are two versions of the Customized DE CDA's, the 1288-5031 and 1293-0922, but I don't know which one to choose...