account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

PC Companion can't connect to internet

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 11 of 21
Message 11 of 21

Re: PC Companion can't connect to internet

Eurica..!

i solved my problem, how i ve done it.

while PC companion opened...i restarted Experia Z3 and wow, suddenly somehow  recognized my phone and established internet connection...

so

intially  your computer should be connected to internet

1st set up PC companion on your computer.

2.nd connect your phone to computer via USB cable

3rd. wile connected, turn off Z3, and restart, will take few min to PC companion recognise your Z3 and connect internet

voila...!

One time poster
Message 12 of 21
Message 12 of 21

Thanks.. 100% working

One time poster
Message 13 of 21
Message 13 of 21

You saved the day bro !

Thank you. Slightly smiling Face

Apprentice
Message 14 of 21
Message 14 of 21

nothing for me the server still won't be available Expressionless Face

One time poster
Message 15 of 21
Message 15 of 21

I have tried a lot of things. But Dhothaka's one was the only way that I could solve it. So I recommend everyone try that first. Try changing your default connection to your current one.

One time poster
Message 16 of 21
Message 16 of 21

@ahmetali9 wrote:

Eurica..!

i solved my problem, how i ve done it.

while PC companion opened...i restarted Experia Z3 and wow, suddenly somehow  recognized my phone and established internet connection...

so

intially  your computer should be connected to internet

1st set up PC companion on your computer.

2.nd connect your phone to computer via USB cable

3rd. wile connected, turn off Z3, and restart, will take few min to PC companion recognise your Z3 and connect internet

voila...!

Lol also worked on my Z1 compact. You sir, deserves a medal.

One time poster
Message 17 of 21
Message 17 of 21

Dear All,

I've sony xperia z1 new mobile, after upgrade system, when turn mobile on, the sony xperia logo apeared after that the android appeared, then nothing all screen black except at the top of it clock, wifi and battary icons, and i cannot make any thing only shot down or restart phone,,,,2. when connect mobile to pc via usb not connected, and no items in directory, cannot connect to my phone via usb and ccp apeared message to inter SIM card,,,what shall i do,,,

Best regards

Sony Xperia Support
Message 18 of 21
Message 18 of 21

@Medo2015

Sorry to hear that.

It sounds like something may have gone wrong when you updated your phone and that you need to perform a repair of the phones software. Please see this thread for instructions: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Ion/Detailed-Software-Repair-Instructions-using-Pc-Companion-Wi...

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 19 of 21
Message 19 of 21

Z1 Compact download issue resolved. PC companion wouldn't proceed after or during step 2(prepare). I had searched various forums in need of help.
After following pc companion instructions at sony support, i disabled my firewall, updated java, removed sd. Did not work.
My PC is connected to my home network.
On pc companion launcher, I change the proxy settings in the "PC Companion settings" link to automatically detect.. And that ended a 5+hour long struggle. I did not enable firewall / anti virus 'till after download was succesful.
One time poster
Message 20 of 21
Message 20 of 21

I have a Dell desktop running windows XP 32 bit, and my other half has an Xperia Z1 compact running the latest software, backing up this handset has always been a pain compared to other phones, but we have got there in the end.

In her user settings there is a copy of the PC Companion which has stopped doing anything once the phone is connected it won't back up anymore, message says application not installed, I have checked the proxy settings and whichever button is highlighted it says it cannot connect to the internet, even on automatic detection!.

It is not a firewall issue as I have even switched it off to try it, without sucess.

I have a copy of the program on my desktop which will connect to the internet under the proxy settings set to use system settings??? but all the backup information is on her account, I have downloaded a fresh copy to repair the one which is not working but keep getting the same message regarding, application failed and no internet connection under proxy settings??

any help would be appreciated.