account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Companion can't connect to internet

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

It's been three weeks now & I have tried re-installing PC Companion & that hasn't helped.

1) Can't check for updates as "Server is not accessible.  PC Companion needs to connect to an online server.  The server is currently not accessible.  Please try again later."

2) Sync Zone not working either as can't connect - "Synchronization Failed.  An error has occurred and the synchronization was cancelled.  Run the synchronization again to correct any errors."   Or not as the case maybe.

Is there a fix?  Why is not there no help on the Troubleshooting?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

Re: PC Companion can't connect to internet

It sounds like you have something blocking PC Companion from connecting to the internet. Most likely it's a firewall that's set to block our software. I suggest that you check the settings in your firewall to make sure it's allowed there.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

20 REPLIES
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

It sounds like you have something blocking PC Companion from connecting to the internet. Most likely it's a firewall that's set to block our software. I suggest that you check the settings in your firewall to make sure it's allowed there.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

I am also facing similar problem in windows 8. How to solve it?? I have allowed it in firewall. still does not work

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

Server not accessible. This message comes when I search for an update. I have been facing this problem in windows 8 and I have turned off firewall but still it does not work. I cannot actually use any of the feature of pc companion. How can I sove this. I have downloaded the latest version of pc companion

Emperor
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

Try SUS instead

Update Service (SUS)

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

I have installed SUS. Well I cant find Xperia T in the ''select your product'' option. How does it work ????

And what is the problem with PC companion???

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

Well upgrading to windows 8.1 solved my problem with pc companion.

Thanks for ur support

Rookie
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

I had the same problem. I was using a dongle to connect my pc to internet. This problem has nothing to do with firewalls or anything. You just have to go to internet options and remove the default internet connection, or change it to the one that you are using. And select never dial a connection.

internet explorer --> Settings (the flywheel icon) --> internet options 

Other applications choose the working network settings but PC companion goes with the default. I hope it works for you

internet.JPG

One time poster
Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

Thanks a lot buddy, it worked for me smile happy

Visitor
Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

i am used to with itunes ( iphone program) and Kies programs ( Samsung's progra)  to back up files etc from smartphones to computer...

But  Sony's PC companion is the  fat program cannot recognize either LAN nor Wireles at home., although i have internet connection with computer, even i downloaded with same internet connection but PC companion can not recognise that internet line either..such an stupitidy!!!!

Sony's technical service suggeted to update JAVA and unactivate Norton virus program, i have done so...but still PC Companion can not recognize internet. I ve done all sorts of proxy settng. stil no contact with existing internet. . I also use Sony Vaio Z series compuer to communicate with Sony experia Z3 telephone...what a waste of time and hassle!

No help from Sony technic service either. I am so regret to own Sony experia Z3 phone. Such unsupported **bleep**.