account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

PC Companion and Outlook 2016 Contacts sync error

Apprentice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

PC Companion and Outlook 2016 Contacts sync error

I have installed PC Companion v.2.10.303 on a Windows 8.1 64-bit PC with Office 365 including Outlook 2016.

I am able to successfully synchronize my Outlook Calendar, Tasks and Notes and the Internet Explorer Bookmarks, with my Sony Ericsson Cedar J108i phone.

However, if I select the Outlook Contacts and syncronize, I get the following error:

PCCompSyncError01.jpg

Please can anyone help with this error?

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: PC Companion and Outlook sync error

@mville

Didn't you had a similar issue back in 2013

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/PC-Mac-Software/Cedar-J108i-PC-Companion-Outlook-2007/m-p/468393

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

No, that issue synced some contacts (Outlook 2007), although incorreclty and was resolved with a reset of the phone.

This issue is related to PC Companion and Outlook 2016. No Contacts are synced due to the specified error. It seems, PC Companion cannot access the Outlook 2016 Contacts at all and displays the error immediately.

I do not want to rollback to Outllok 2007, just to sync Outlook with my phone.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

More Information on this issue:

PC Companion >> Sync Phone >> Settings >> Computer sync settings >> Personal data selection

Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes are all set to Outlook. When I click properties for Calendar, Tasks and Notes, the associated properties window opens. However, when I select Contacts properties, there is NO properties window.

To confirm, PC is Windows 8.1 64-bit. Office 365 Home Premium install is the 32-bit version (as advised by Microsoft). Outlook 2016 is set as the default program for Email, Contacts and Calendar.

So, is PC Companion compatible with Outlook 2016?

Apprentice
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Outlook 2016 Calendar, Note and Tasks sync ok, but Contacts sync creates the error described earlier in this thread.

Based on my problem (that has no resolution) and this thread PC Companion does not detect Microsoft Outlook 2016 64-bit, am I to assume that PC Companion is not compatible with Outlook 2016?

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I have the same problem with Lotus Notes; I recognise all the details reported by mville.

My moble device XPERIA M2 D2303 updated to the last available revision

PC Companion release 2.10.303 Production 47.2

Lotus Notes 8.5 Release 8.5.3FP6 Revision 20131126.1400-FP6 (Release 8.5.3FP6.

The italian support invited me to contact Lotus Ntes support arguing thet this problem is not in the scope of Sony Support.

Regards.

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I have the exact same issue and I am using Outlook 2010

I have a feeling that it might be something to do with security or encryption in Outlook for the particular account not allowing sony companion to read the contacts