account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Music Transfer Issues

Rookie
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Music Transfer Issues

I've tried to transfer my iTunes music many times now through the 'Sony Bridge for Mac' application, but every single time it says "ERROR" on every single track. If I try to transfer 70 tracks they are all marked "ERROR" but it doesn't explain the error.

I didn't have these problems with my old phone (Xperia Z1 Compact) and all my software is up to date.

Please advise me on how I can fix this issue, because it is SO frustrating! 

Thank you Slightly smiling Face

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Music Transfer Issues

What if you try a different computer?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

The last version of Bridge for Mac which reliably transfers music between my OS X Yosemite-running Mac and my Xperia Mini is 3.6. 3.8.3 and 4.1 work worse or not at all. I recommend you try 3.6.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi QueenG!

Sorry to hear you have a problem with BFM.

I have no problem transferring music with BFM (4.2).

If you still have a problem you can send me your error logs and I will forward them to the development team.

Here’s how to get error logs from Sony Bridge for Mac:
1. In BfM, hold the "alt" key down while selecting the "Xperia™" menu. Select "Clear logs" to remove all old logs and get a clean start
2. Reproduce the problem you're having, whether it's connecting the phone, importing photos, doing backup...
3. In BfM, hold the "alt" key down while selecting the ”Xperia” menu. Select "Export logs"
4. On the computers desktop there should now be a file named "SonyBridgeForMacLogs_[date].zip
5. PM ta shared dropbox link to me.

Best regards

Fredrik

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hello queen g,

How are you? I am sorry to see your problem. once a time I faced like this problem and then used musconv software app that's one awesome and solved the problem. They are offering 25+ music services with 10+ playlist formats. Move wherever you want.