account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Media Go and Z2 phone

Adviser
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Media Go and Z2 phone

Hi guys,

First time post so sorry if this has been asked before (I did a search and don't see anything similar and live chat was exactly zero help so I think it's a personal problem and therefore I hope easy to solve!).

I have a new Z2 phone, which is replacing an older Xperia. I want to use MediaGo on the PC to import my photos and videos to my PC (Win 7). It works okay BUT when the screen goes off I lose the connection to the phone and importing stops.

Can anyone suggest any solution? I'm using a pattern screen lock.

The only things I can think of are:

1) increase the screen sleep time to 30 minutes (maximum I can get) and the lock time to the same (means I have to do it every time I want to connect to the PC)

2) sit by the phone, constantly keeping the screen on,

3) setting up a smart connect (or IFTTT) to turn off the sleep/lock temporily whilst connected to the computer (but there's no smart connect option for connecting to a PC)

I don't really want to keep the screen on for ages as I'm worried about burn-in. I tried with a Daydream on but it got too annoying when I connected a normal charger, and I don't want a screen saver all the time in normal use (I just want the screen to sleep after a minute, and lock straight away or soon after).

Thanks for any help!

Nick

PS any tips for any cool apps or settings or tricks on a Z2? I'm absolutely gutted it doesn't have an IR blaster for example.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Media Go and Z2 phone

Transferring photos and video through PCC or Media Go will take forever 

on a PC > Computer > Xperia Z2 > Internal Storage/SD card > DCIM your pictures and videos should be here unless you received them through another app (whatsapp, etc) 

Just copy paste the folder or open the folder 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thanks. 

Yes, it's a bit slow, isn't it? I know it's not the best software ever, but I do like that it picks up the Whatsapp/Viber/etc images too. 

It also organises the photos and videos into some sort of fodler structure on the PC, and renames them, instead of just copying using the mass storage mode. Again, it;s not perfect but it does more or less work.

Thanks for the input though!

Nick

Emperor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Indeed

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)