account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Media GO 3.1 & missing DLL

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

Media GO 3.1 & missing DLL

As indicated by "Media Go" I've launched an update  for version 3.1.343

As the installation finished, an relaunching MediaGo,  a system message appears : " .. missing VCOM140.DLL"

Desinstallation of all Media go components (video, updater ..)

Resinstallation .. same error

I'm running

- Media go 3.1.343

- Windows 8.1

any help ? 

(Capture screen - in french)MGerreurCapture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

Re: Media GO 3.1 & missing DLL

Try to download and reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ in your PC and see if that helps. You can download it from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

For all applications to work, you may need to install both the x86 and x64 version.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

17 REPLIES 17
Emperor
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-map-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

Thank's but it's not 110 but 140, not Autocad by Sony Media Go software

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

Try to download and reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ in your PC and see if that helps. You can download it from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

For all applications to work, you may need to install both the x86 and x64 version.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your help.

I've tryed both x64 and X86 Visual Studio, only the x86 works with "Media go"

Problem solved, thanks all.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

Glad to hear that Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

The tricks above haven't help on my side:

Similar problem: after updating my Media Go on W10, I get the error message VCOMP.DLL missing.

I uninstalled, reinstalled and rebooted at least 3 times. I udated my W10 and C++ packages and still nothing. Just left a chat room with Sony and they can't do anything more than show us towards the latest software update. It seems to be a MediaGo software issue. Is there a patch or update to fix this problem? Please advice.

Apprentice
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

Hello Julie2M

I had to reinstall both x32 and x64 Microsoft Visual Studio
to fix MediaGo problem
Rookie
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

I also have the 'missing VCOM140.DLL' error message.

I have uninstalled mediago, installed both x64 and x86 Visual Studio C++ files, restared the computer, and reinstalled mediago.

I then get the same error message and it is impossible to run Mediago.

Since the program previously worked perfectly, what was the point of forcing an 'update' on us which has rendered the program unworkable.

What a waste of an hour all that was.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

@Niggleodeon

I'm sorry to hear that Slightly frowning Face

If you open file explorer in Windows and search for "vcomp140.dll", does your PC have this dll installed? You can also check if you have it under C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64.