account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Is there an alternative to the USELESS Sony Bridge for Mac?!

Highlighted
Talent
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Is there an alternative to the USELESS Sony Bridge for Mac?!

Please someone tell me this utterly useless piece of junk is not the only thing I can use to back up my Xperia S?! I long ago stopped using it for file transfers (I use Android file transfer), but I do need to back up my phone as I'm about to upgrade. But this piece of total rubbish doesn't even work - it won't even open! It sits in the dock doing nothing; it makes my whole computer freeze up - all the other programs stop working - & I have to watch the spinning beach ball for about 10 minutres before I can manage to force it to quit. I HATE it! I cannot believe Sony could put such junk onto the market.

Please can anyone advise another way of backing up my phone ?? Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Is there an alternative to the USELESS Sony Bridge for Mac?!

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

You can also try something like this,
how to run windows software on a Mac http://www.howtogeek.com/187359/5-ways-to-run-windows-software-on-a-mac/ that way you could backup your phone using PC Companion
Talent
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi AliWonder!

Sorry to hear you have a problem with Bridge for Mac.

I haven't heard of your problem before.

If you are willing to give BFM a new chance I will try to help you.

Which version of BFM are you using today? If it's not the latest try to upgrade it and see if that works better.

If you still have a problem please contact me.

Best regards

Fredrik

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hi Frederik!

Our company has shifted to sony mobile devices one year ago. Most of the employees have kept their old iphones due to the sony bridge for mac which is terribly slow and aesthetically unpleasant. The most important issue is that data transfers takes hours to finished. Is there seriously any alternate software? 

Talent
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi fabricea!

I'm not employed by Sony so my knowledge outside Bridge for Mac is limited.

One idea may be to save the data in the cloud if you don't won't to use BFM.

Best regards

Fredrik