account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

How long should Xperia software repair take?

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 25
Message 1 of 25

How long should Xperia software repair take?

I'm using Xperia Companion to run a software repair on my Z5 Compact. The initial part of the repair ran without any problem, but after reconnecting the phone while holding the volume down button, and then clicking on next to continue the repair, the software has now been sitting there for about two hours saying "Repairing your Xperia device" and "IMPORTANT - do not disconnect your Xperia at this point".When I look at process details in Windows Task Manager, I can see that the I/O write bytes for XperiaCompanionAgent.exe and one of the three XperiaCompanion.exe processes are still both increasing very slowly (anywhere between a few bytes a second and a couple of kilobytes per second). The other two XperiaCompanion.exe processes appear to be completely static - zero CPU and no data being either read or written.

How long should I allow before concluding that the repair has failed? And if it eventually doesn't get any further, what are my options for getting the phone back working properly?

24 REPLIES 24
One time poster
Message 2 of 25
Message 2 of 25

Re: How long should Xperia software repair take?

Im having the same issue. Expressionless Face

Did you try repair because after android 6 update you couldnt get past the lock screen by any chance?

Adviser
Message 3 of 25
Message 3 of 25

No, I tried repair because I can't get mobile data to work after 6.0 upgrade. Phone calls and SMS work fine, data works fine over WiFi, and mobile data is enabled on the phone in settings, but no apps that require Internet access will work except over WiFi.

As for the repair appearing to be stuck, after five hours of no further progress, I disconnected the USB cable from the phone and pressed the power button to power it up. It booted up and went into the new install sequence.

So I have a working phone again, but the repair didn't fix the mobile data problem.

Message 4 of 25
Message 4 of 25

Did you guys figure this out or did it finish without problems? I'm having the same issue, I decided to repair my Z3 because it was really slow after Android 6... Now I'm in the same situation as the OP and don't know what to do. It's been almost 1:30 hour since it started and now it's at almost 25%...

Commissioner
Message 5 of 25
Message 5 of 25

Tried on both M5 and X, took about 30 minutes to 45 minutes.

The repair will download the system image from internet, so I think it depends on your internet speed as well.

One time poster
Message 6 of 25
Message 6 of 25

Did you find a fix for the data problem? I'm having the same issue. Seems to be whenever i have the location services enabled.

One time poster
Message 7 of 25
Message 7 of 25

is there any solution or answer for this. i am also facing the same in repairing the z3 compact. How long am i supposed to wait? it has been an hour the reparing progress seem not moving.
One time poster
Message 8 of 25
Message 8 of 25

same with z1 and z2 

One time poster
Message 9 of 25
Message 9 of 25

How long it takes to repair software with xperia companion !!

am tryin to repair my xperia c4 dual software and it's been repairing for about 3 hours now 

can i know it's normal to take that long to repair ?

Visitor
Message 10 of 25
Message 10 of 25

first of all i tried to repair my software with using pc program. ( my device is z2 and its constantly restarting while having a call or watching youtube videos) 

program takes about 2 hours but i have found a trick ( used to use it at GTA5)

go to task manager find the Xperia and change its priority to high then boom its gonna change it and it will go fast