account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Forgotten password backup photos

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Forgotten password backup photos

Bonjour, je vous contacte au sujet d'une sauvegarde de photos que j'ai faite, j'ai complètement oublié le mot de passe et ne peux récupérer mes photos. 

Existe t-il une solution ?

Merci pour votre réponses. 

Cordialement. 

Hello, I am contacting you about a photo backup that I made, I completely forgot the password and can not recover my photos.

Is there a solution?

Thank you for your answers.

Cordially.

gt

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Forgotten password backup photos

Hi @Xz1S, welcome to our forum!

Your question has been translated to English as this is an International forum, please post any replies in English and it will be easier for me and other users to assist you.

Is it a backup that you have created using Xperia Companion, or have you used another program?

All passwords are personal information and not something that we have access to, so if you can't remember the password that you have set, for example for a backup or your screen lock, there is no way for us to get a hold of this password/PIN, sorry.

I hope that answers your question!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Yes with companion, why there is not a password recovery solution? So 10 years of lost photos? Grrr 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi again @Xz1S!

Unfortunately there is no password recovery if you have chosen to use a password and not your Google account when creating the backup.

If you have used the Google Photo service, you can take a look at the link below and see if any of your photos are available there.

photos.google.com

I hope that helps!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.