account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encrytion method Xperia Companion?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Encrytion method Xperia Companion?

Hello there,

I made a small application a few years ago to restore specific files from a Sony PC Companion backup. This program was downloaded over 40.000 times now, so I guess I helped quite a few people with it. The program is for free and I'm really doing this, because I know how annoying it is to lose your data. Recently I'm getting more and more emails from people who encrypted their backup with Xperia Companion. My program is able to hanlde encryption from android itself, but I found no information about the specifc algorithm and settings for the encryption by Xperia Companion.

So my question is mainly for the Xperia Companion development team: I'm building up on this project and sadly the used algorithm from Bouncy Castle gives me a badPadding exception. What library are you using?

Greetings from Germany,

Johannes