account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Can't repair my phone using Xperia companion

SOLVED
jhu
One time poster
Message 31 of 40
Message 31 of 40

Re: Can't repair my phone using Xperia companion

I have the same issue with my phone, Xperia M2. It was a bit slow and I tried resetting it in the settings, then after that all was normal until I reached Step 4/7 in the welcome startup screen.. it just freezes there. when I touch the next button, there was no response and then it returned back to the welcome screen where you have to choose the language..

Tried to repair it with xperia companion but unfortunately, it doesn't help, I get the same response as stated above.. an error ... I tried uninstalling and installing xperia companion but still got the same error.. please help me.. its been 2 weeks , 

One time poster
Message 32 of 40
Message 32 of 40

Software repair error An error occurred while repairing your device. Please try again. If the proble

Software repair error
An error occurred while repairing your device.
Please try again. If the problem persists, please contact Sony support.
Error code: UELoginUnexpectedExit 
Code_0

One time poster
Message 33 of 40
Message 33 of 40

had the same problem. here's what i did :

i uninstalled xperia companion

i uninstalled sony mobile update engine

i uninstalled sony mobile software update drivers

reinstalled xperia companion

(also when i reinstalled companion the firewall asked my permision about it and clicked YES)

used a different usb cable and usb port on my laptop

and got it out of a boot loop

best of luck

Message 34 of 40
Message 34 of 40

Re:yes you repair phone using Xperia flashing tool

If Sony companion show repairing error for any phone (.when you flash wrong file.ftf for updating phone by flashing tool0.9....or flashing file is crupputed or ota updating failed )there are case Sony companion repairing the software failed.one point if Sony mobile show (the software update failed. Please connect to your pc and try again )on the power No.

@isbesheer wrote:

With the notifications problme being persistant and without any hope of a solution I decided to use Xperia companion to perform a software repair in hope it might fix the problem. Now I'm not even able to do that...everytime I run the software repair and after checking that I know my gmail account information I get the "intializing" screen and then the process stops and I get the following message:

Software repair error
Code_0

I've tried 5 times now and evertime I get that same message...what shall I do??

@isbesheer wrote:

With the notifications problme being persistant and without any hope of a solution I decided to use Xperia companion to perform a software repair in hope it might fix the problem. Now I'm not even able to do that...everytime I run the software repair and after checking that I know my gmail account information I get the "intializing" screen and then the process stops and I get the following message:

Software repair error
Code_0

My advice you flash Sony phone again by flashing tool 0.9.35

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p8aEo4qILIBcPCaqJH73YkyouGGUBLh4/view?usp=drivesdk

See in this photo I checked those point for repair, repartition and making phone,try this methed 

One time poster
Message 35 of 40
Message 35 of 40

Re: Re:yes you repair phone using Xperia flashing tool

Is sony such garbage that they refuse to fix this crap and or reply with how to fix it? I have spent my whole day reading online and tried everything and no fix works. Amazing that even here on the Sony website they ignore all of us with this issue! I will never buy a Sony again and will tell evenone I know to stay away from Sony. Nice job Sony ruining your company and products reputation!

Visitor
Message 36 of 40
Message 36 of 40

the solution not work, download and install latest java but still same error appear ?

with time sony become worst choise for choosing them !!!

One time poster
Message 37 of 40
Message 37 of 40

why my xperia A ultra can't refair with sony companion

@isbesheer wrote:

Software repair error
Code_0

can you give me refair sony experia, my phone was error for the sistem

Message 38 of 40
Message 38 of 40

images.jpeg

oo(1).jpeg

received_2104749223152436.jpeg

Highlighted
Learner
Message 39 of 40
Message 39 of 40

Re: Software repair error An error occurred while repairing your device. Please try again. If the pr

I reinstalled Xperia companion,started it up and selected my device is not detectable and selected phone and only then plugged my phone into the laptop and it worked no problem, so select everything then plug your phone in last, that worked for me

One time poster
Message 40 of 40
Message 40 of 40

try running xperia companion as an administrator (not from the shortcut), worked for me.