account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Can't repair my phone using Xperia companion

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adept
Message 1 of 41
Message 1 of 41

Can't repair my phone using Xperia companion

With the notifications problme being persistant and without any hope of a solution I decided to use Xperia companion to perform a software repair in hope it might fix the problem. Now I'm not even able to do that...everytime I run the software repair and after checking that I know my gmail account information I get the "intializing" screen and then the process stops and I get the following message:

Software repair error
An error occurred while repairing your device.
Please try again. If the problem persists, please contact Sony support.
Error code: UELoginUnexpectedExit
Code_0

I've tried 5 times now and evertime I get that same message...what shall I do??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adept
Message 3 of 41
Message 3 of 41

Re: Can't repair my phone using Xperia companion

Thanks for the prompt reply. I managed to solve the problem by uninstalling the Xperia companion and reinstalling it again...that fixed it.

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 41
Message 2 of 41

Hi @isbesheer,

If Xperia companion is not working correctly there are a few steps that you can try to resolve this.

Try these methods one after the other. Verify after each method whether the problem was solved, before trying the next one.

• Try different USB cables and a different USB port in your computer.
  • Make sure that you have a working Internet access. Visit any website, for example, www.sonymobile.com, to verify that the computer can access the Internet. If that is a problem, please check cable, router or the Internet service provider etc.
  • Check your firewall and make sure that Sony Ericsson Update Engine and Xperia Companion are allowed to access the Internet. For instructions, refer to the user guide for the firewall.
  • Check your proxy settings. If you are trying to update your device when connected to a corporate network, you might be using a proxy. Contact your network administrator for further assistance.
  • Check that Java is up to date on your computer. https://java.com/en/download/
  • Restart the computer and try again.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Adept
Message 3 of 41
Message 3 of 41

Thanks for the prompt reply. I managed to solve the problem by uninstalling the Xperia companion and reinstalling it again...that fixed it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 41
Message 4 of 41

Glad to hear it is working @isbesheer Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 5 of 41
Message 5 of 41

hello please can you tell me , should the device be opened or not ? because i cannt open my mobile for more than 3 days now 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 6 of 41
Message 6 of 41

@Gina2

which device do you have?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 7 of 41
Message 7 of 41

sony xperia Z2

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 8 of 41
Message 8 of 41

@Gina2

Do you get an error? does the computer recognize the phone?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 9 of 41
Message 9 of 41

the app is nor recognizing my mobile ,, i clicked on software repair then i chose the first icon "phone or tablet" then it kept saying intializing for so long ....

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 10 of 41
Message 10 of 41

@Gina2

Have you reinstalled XC ? Xperia Companion ? do you have the latest JAVA?