account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Backup but no restore after less than year

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Backup but no restore after less than year

Restore of an Xperia Z2, system-updated per april 2017, does not function on a validated backup per july 2016. Nothing of importance restored; no apps, e-mail or eventuellt SMS messages are restored. So, what use is an Xperia backup using Sony PC Companion (2016) or the latter Xperia Companion If restore fails in all 3/4 of a year later?

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Backup but no restore after less than year

Hi @Scallag, sorry for the late reply to your post!

The backup that you are trying to restore, which program is this backup created in, is it created by Xperia Companion or PC Companion?

Which version(s) of Xperia Companion was the backup created in and which version are using when trying to restore the backup to your device? Did you receive any error messages while restoring the backup?

Applications won't be restored to your phone, it's only application data that gets backed up by Xperia Companion. So you will need to download and install the applications that you had in your phone previously and then the personal application data can be restored.

I would also appreciate if you could provide me with some logs from the Xperia Companion so I can forward them!

1. Press ‘Settings’ in top right corner of Xperia Companion main screen
  2. Select ‘Save log files to the desktop’
  3. The logs are saved as a zip on the desktop, normally called companion_log_[date].zip
  4. Upload the logs to Google drive or a similar service and send me a private message with the link!

Once again, sorry for the late reply and for the troubles with restoring your backup and thanks in advance for the logs!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.