account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia sp 4.3 problem after updating

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

xperia sp 4.3 problem after updating

Updated my sony sp and now when I turn it on I just get a triangle with a crossed hammer and screwdriver and it glows red at the bottom of the phone. Have tried the reset/off in the back and it is still the same. Tried connecting to pc companion but my pc wont see the phone (likely because of the traingle warning. Any ideas please. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: xperia sp 4.3 problem after updating

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

In this case, I suggest that you connect the phone to the charger via the wall socket. Let it be connected to the charger for 2-3 hours without trying to power on or off the device and hopefully it will function normally afterwards.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

In this case, I suggest that you connect the phone to the charger via the wall socket. Let it be connected to the charger for 2-3 hours without trying to power on or off the device and hopefully it will function normally afterwards.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi Hampus. Thank you as after around five hours this seemed to sort itself (fingers crossed). Any idea what would have caused this as I diod the upgrade a few days before hand and it was fine at first. Again, thank you.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi Hampus. As you were so helpful with my previous problem I have another one for you.

As we know the screen will go blamk when we are using the phone close to your ear (proximity) however, on a few occasions when I have finished a call and move the phone away from my ear it can take up to a minute for the screen to wake up or come back on.

I have run the tests on the phone and in particular the proximity test and this all works fine.

Any ideas.

Many thanks 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

i bought new xperia sp yesterday it comes woth android 4.3. It has mobile data issue i can't connect to internet i have a working data plan
Any idea
Adept
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@Dushyant99 wrote:
i bought new xperia sp yesterday it comes woth android 4.3. It has mobile data issue i can't connect to internet i have a working data plan
Any idea

Do repair via update service or pcc.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

request your carrier for APN...or go to settings>Xperia>Internet settings..it will solve your problem.