account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

my xperia v keep on restarting

SOLVED
Highlighted
Message 11 of 39
Message 11 of 39

Re: my xperia v keep on restarting

I think you should visit a sony service:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 12 of 39
Message 12 of 39

hey diver, I am facing the same issue.. its restarting in a loop after installing and applying the update of winter theme on 4.3.

the sony companion cannot detect it as it keeps restarting, the update service is recognizing the device (power+vol down) but is saying it is up to date and just EXIT. Installed flasher tool, it is also of no use. Downloaded Emma flasher tool but waiting for verification, also not sure whether Emma supports Xperia V as the support page doesn't have its name.

I am from india and got this phone from Dubai and I dont know whether sony india support center will be able to solve it or not.

There are so many experienced guys on flashing here, Please HELP!!!

Highlighted
Adept
Message 13 of 39
Message 13 of 39

try to connect while your phone is off

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 14 of 39
Message 14 of 39

i also have the same problem. and even can't force shutdown. how to repair directly?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 15 of 39
Message 15 of 39

Hi Guys

Yes even i had faced the same issue on my XPERIA SP once i installed the winter theme it kept on Auto restarting..
I removed my SD card & SIM Card and allowed it to restart atleast more than 15times and then it took me to the home screens and then immediately I changed my theme to a default one and uninstalled the winter from the APP settings.
Please Note: DO NOT try to LOCK/UNLOCK your device once its on the home screen, otherwise it will start restarting again.Immediately change the theme.

But its very sure that the problem occured after installing the winter theme.. So would request XPeria Support team to fix the bug.

Hope this helps...  Or else HArd rest your xperia phone to factory settings.

Vinay

Rookie
Message 16 of 39
Message 16 of 39

I tried everything, the only solution that worked for me was to download the 4.3 ftf file from xda and flash it using the flasher tool. The issue in the flasher tool is that you have to manually install the driver for your phone, and for Xperia v they have mentioned Xperia vl instead. So the steps are
1) download 4.3 ftf from xda, (Google it you will get the link).
2) install flasher tool
3) install xperia vl ( i.e Xperia v) driver from flasher tool folder, manually
4) click the flash icon on the flasher tool, choose the ftf file downloaded and flash your phone as the instructions are displayed step by step
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 17 of 39
Message 17 of 39

hi , i also recieved the same problem , i install sony update service but there is no xperia v option in the program , so how about do i do this?

Highlighted
Message 18 of 39
Message 18 of 39

You need to run it in compatibility mode with windows 7.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 19 of 39
Message 19 of 39

then  xperia v is working  normal?     dnitin

Highlighted
Message 20 of 39
Message 20 of 39

If you run SUS in compatibility mode with windows 7,you can select Xperia V and repair.I hope that this will help.