account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia SP 4.3 update availability

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 721 of 761
Message 721 of 761

Re: Xperia SP 4.3 update availability

I totally agree dt1 this mid range market is a small one and probably accounts for a large % of sales I to am thinking of a move away from Sony but to who? I'm thinking HTC anybody have any reviews on them the one m8 looks pretty good to be fair its a shame Sony has treated us this way making us wait for an out dated software version and will probably never update us to kitkat even though the device is only just a year old it's shocking if you ask me I do like the ui on Sony although it is slow I like the style but it's not going to be enough to keep me with them I'm sure I'm only one I many that feel this way Sony you could of had it all but you've ruined it now just wish I could update now but stuck with the so for another year maybe we will see 4.3 in that time but I'm not going to hold my breath wonder what sp stand for if it was called ps it would be poor service
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 722 of 761
Message 722 of 761

I've got it its xperia S*** Phone
Highlighted
Regular
Message 723 of 761
Message 723 of 761

Google and search gor a generic ftf... Maybe Australia generic, Greek generic, Singapore generic, etc....
I,m using Greek generic
Google it u'll find it...4.3. 205 no lags at all wifi superb
I flashed it 2 werks ago and m still receiving updates( Walkman update, camera updates...) don't regret

Xperia sp is a wonderful device. Best in class just switch to 4.3 flash it with a generic ftf. U'll love it.

Here's the link for how to flash
http://xperiafirmware.com/8-firmware/37-sony-xperia-sp-c5303

No need to create a backup of original firmware....

Download Greek generic ftf from here
http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/193833-rom43-c5303-121a1205-generic-grftf/
Highlighted
Regular
Message 724 of 761
Message 724 of 761

Flashing doesn't void ur Warrenty.
Flash with official ftf, it just changes ur customization no.(i.e. It changes the update service centre of ur mobile.... If u flash with Greek then ur update provider is Greek, if u flash with Australian ftf then ur update provider is Australia.) but make sure u flash with a generic ftf..coz ur mobile is unbranded generic...
I was one of u waiting for 4.3 months and still nth from sony and after I flashed 2 weeks ago I love my sp much more....
It's just UK unbranded that is not receiving updates. Rest of the world is getting awesome updates for sp.
Highlighted
Regular
Message 725 of 761
Message 725 of 761

And ppl go to fb search for Xperia sp development and discussions group... U'll find many solutions there.
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 726 of 761
Message 726 of 761

Can you flash just using you phone?? As I don't have a pc
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 727 of 761
Message 727 of 761

flashed greek generic to Uk generic and all seems well and I can actuall use my BLE heartrate monitor and  timeburst camera

Highlighted
Regular
Message 728 of 761
Message 728 of 761

U need a pc to flash it..
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 729 of 761
Message 729 of 761

I have also had the update that as far as I can see updated nothing what are Sony playing at when will we see the 4.3 update?
Highlighted
Message 730 of 761
Message 730 of 761

I had the 4.1.3 update, and i think my battery is being drained more .... 

Now doesn't seem to last as long as it did!!

I want 4.3!!!!