account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia SP 4.3 update availability

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 551 of 761
Message 551 of 761

Re: Xperia SP 4.3 update availability

After a bit more work, this is actually looking pretty good.

I backed up and restored my apps and data with adb (PCC's backup is RUBBISH), but it seems to have quit part way through the restore. Possibly because I wasn't logged in to my Google account before restoring, or possibly because I couldn't resist a quick play with the phone during restore.

Anyway, once signed into Google I left it entirely alone to do its thing and it came out the other end in a much better state. I see no bugs as yet and the UI is noticably smoother than before. If you upgraded and it doesn't snap to home as soon as you tap the button, I think you have problems.

I'm not sure I would wholeheartedly recommend flashing an ftf. It was a bit of a hassle and there were one or two scary moments - if you feel you *really* don't know what you're doing, then you should give it a miss. If you've fiddled about a bit with phones before and are confident you can fix things should it go t1ts, then yeah, do it.

Regular
Message 552 of 761
Message 552 of 761

Upgrade it manually

it takes some time but it worths is 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 553 of 761
Message 553 of 761

Xperia SP update (12.1.A.1.192) approved by French carrier SFR; says it will be out today

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/03/21/xperia-sp-update-12-1-a-1-192-approved-by-french-carrier-sfr-sa...

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 554 of 761
Message 554 of 761

Wow ! The new FW is in sight ???? I dont belive it !

Thank you for the reassuring news. Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Adept
Message 555 of 761
Message 555 of 761

@Akkush wrote:

Wow ! The new FW is in sight ???? I dont belive it !

Thank you for the reassuring news. Slightly smiling Face

I don't believe for one minute that this will happen today...  And from the news I've just read kitkat is never going to be available they will wait until the handset reaches its end of support timescale then give a bull of excuse about compatibility issues lol 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 556 of 761
Message 556 of 761

@blackbox wrote:

After a bit more work, this is actually looking pretty good.

I backed up and restored my apps and data with adb (PCC's backup is RUBBISH), but it seems to have quit part way through the restore. Possibly because I wasn't logged in to my Google account before restoring, or possibly because I couldn't resist a quick play with the phone during restore.

Anyway, once signed into Google I left it entirely alone to do its thing and it came out the other end in a much better state. I see no bugs as yet and the UI is noticably smoother than before. If you upgraded and it doesn't snap to home as soon as you tap the button, I think you have problems.

I'm not sure I would wholeheartedly recommend flashing an ftf. It was a bit of a hassle and there were one or two scary moments - if you feel you *really* don't know what you're doing, then you should give it a miss. If you've fiddled about a bit with phones before and are confident you can fix things should it go t1ts, then yeah, do it.

There is Zero danger in flashing STOCK ROMS as they are exactly what it says STOCK  ... 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 557 of 761
Message 557 of 761

@blackbox wrote:

Well, this is erm, well laggy with the Aus firmware after clean install and then reinstall with SUS.

Maybe it'll settle down in a few days. Maybe not. Maybe I should have waited another couple of weeks for the official 192 rollout... Probably!

BTW - not seeing any obvious bugs (like the blacked out  volume control), just very sluggish.

This kind of busts the old branded/unbranded bloatware myth. This unbranded firmware has easily twice as much cr4p that I'll never use. EE are a model of restraint in comparison.

All the as you put it cr4p is easily removed lol just uninstall it...  As for being laggy...  Not for me I've over 400mb ram free at all times... 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 558 of 761
Message 558 of 761

wtfman: i dont care about KK. I only want a bugfree JB4.3. (at least with a working stamina and wifi)

Before i forget : i sent you a PM and in the same time ,i just falled back to 4.1.2 generic.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 559 of 761
Message 559 of 761

Screenshot_2014-03-22-14-37-48.png
@Akkush wrote:

wtfman: i dont care about KK. I only want a bugfree JB4.3. (at least with a working stamina and wifi)

Before i forget : i sent you a PM and in the same time ,i just falled back to 4.1.2 generic.

The 4.3 I'm running currently is bug free it's just a case of flashing it with flashtool..  Goto xda forums and there's a link for it there as well as the ftf for the firmware after flashing the firmware version should read as follows (screen shot of my firmware version above)

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 560 of 761
Message 560 of 761

@wtfman I would hardly say it's zero risk - a quick read through here will tell you that. Flashing a stock rom most certainly hasn't worked out for everyone. A bit of perspective is in order - it's not all about you.