account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XPERIA SP- Heating

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 21 of 30
Message 21 of 30

Re: XPERIA SP- Heating

I bought an xperia sp last week and also experienced the overheating and charging taking more than 6 hours. The battery also discharges fast when its overheating. After days of testing, I found that the possible cause of the problem is due to stamina mode. When I disable Stamina mode and manage power saving myself manually, the overheating and charging issues disappear. The only option I keep active in the power management screen, is the "location based wifi". So far I haven't experienced overheating and charging issues for 2 days now. Battery life is better as well.

So you guys might want to try disabling stamina mode and see if that works for you. It did for me.
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 22 of 30
Message 22 of 30

Thanks Bro its I disabled stamina mode its working..
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 23 of 30
Message 23 of 30

Disabling all options in power management
Is best option to save some power when your using your phone continuously <fb+music>
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 24 of 30
Message 24 of 30

Its showing 42.2 degree after using 3g and its get heated within 15 to 20 min of use, would I have to go to service centre for this please help....
Highlighted
Message 25 of 30
Message 25 of 30

If the temperature of the battery reaches 50-55 it needs a check at a sony service.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 26 of 30
Message 26 of 30

i've just done the latest firmware update and its apparently meant to prevent overheating of the battery and it hasn't i'm getting worried now aswell as it seems to be effeccting my memory card and making it corrupt everytime it overheats
like most people its hitting 50c on charge and between 45c and 50c on wifi usage anyway to help sort out this issue?

Talent
Message 27 of 30
Message 27 of 30

My phome reaches 48degree when gaming. Thee main battery draining process is media server. I haven't any location or weather application installed. I dont know what is media server doing with my phone
Highlighted
Message 28 of 30
Message 28 of 30

Remove the micro SD and put it back.See if media server still acts up.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 29 of 30
Message 29 of 30

Very easy. Just turn off auto Backup. Step is :You go to Google+ icon. Touch the icon. Then under General Setting, touch General Setting. Now you see Auto Backup, touch Off for Auto Backup Up. Now your phone will not auto Backup any data,so phone will not get hot.
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 30 of 30
Message 30 of 30

it is 40 degree c of my battery temperature please help me..