account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Unable to Update to .205 via PC companion!

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: Unable to Update to .205 via PC companion!

same here, from ontario using Rogers, and there hasn't been any updates for my xperia sp either. im still stuck with the old firmware 12.1.a.0.266 on android 4.3. many issues with my phone and its become difficult to use my phone. all we can do is just wait until it comes out, unfortunately..

the response from sony was this :

"Unfortunately we are unable to confirm a specific date for any particular firmware release due to the nature of the approval process. For further information regarding the approval process please see here."

(can't post the link for some reason, but basically it gives basic information on the process of updating)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

xperia SP .205 Update! Still not got yet!

Help pls! How can i get this Update! I really need a stable version..
How can i get this update! Many people in India have got the update but still Pc companion and SUS shows its up to date!
help me pls!

Highlighted
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

Re: xperia SP .205 Update! Still not got yet!

maybe your phone is not made for indian region. Go to system settings and find the customization version. Like i am in indian region but from the cust version i learned that my phone is using a firmware made for taiwan. And i haven't got the update yet.
Commissioner
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

I just updated mine via OTA 2 days ago.

New firmware build.12.1.A.1.205 isn't really a stable version. Though the LED light during calls and Bravia Engine 2 are fixed, yet the batt drains too fast. And the phone gets a bit warm.
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

Taiwan! I guess same is the case with me...! Do you know when we can get the update.. I contacted customer support but didnt get any satisfying answer.

Highlighted
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

The update of 205 for taiwan is not released yet. Hopefully it will be available soon. You can download the xperia update checker to find if the update is released or not. Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

Re: Unable to Update to .205 via PC companion!

Same here in Calgary, AB.

Rogers? Yup

Still on 12.1.a.0.266? Yup

4.3 crippled my Xperia SP? Yup

BS? Yup, but optimistic about .205 as this phone was awesome when I first got it and if it can get back to it's former glory I'll be thrilled.

Highlighted
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

update 205 has been released for Taiwan region today. I updated it via pc companion just now. It looks smoother but i haven't got to in depth yet.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

Yeah! now the phone is smooth as it was earlier.. tested it Grinning Face and can say now the best upadte so far Grinning Face now i can use this again! Grinning Face