account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Timescape Error! (Gingerbread and ICS)

SOLVED
Highlighted
Sage
Message 1 of 25
Message 1 of 25

Timescape Error! (Gingerbread and ICS)

Hi, I want to report that Timescape does not work in my Gingerbread XPERIA sola a few days ago...

I did try:

1. Restart Phone

2. "Clear Data" of Timescape services

...and given with No. 2, I doubt that Master Reset the phone as well as updating the phone to ICS would do anything good...

...as it turns out that ICS XPERIA sola's user also has this problem...

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/335670#335670

Adding my comment...

I think it's a server error (not sure Sony's or Facebook's)... Please fix it as soon as possible...

Regards,

Trubo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 25
Message 2 of 25

Re: Timescape Error! (Gingerbread and ICS)

Yes, we have acknowledged this and looking into as we speak. I don't know yet if this is something located on our side or Facebook.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 25
Message 2 of 25

Yes, we have acknowledged this and looking into as we speak. I don't know yet if this is something located on our side or Facebook.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 25
Message 3 of 25

OK Thanks Johan Winking Face

I did added my opinion and findings here...

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/336564#336564

Hope this helps (a little) XD

Regards,

Trubo

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 4 of 25
Message 4 of 25

Not working for me either. I think it's mainly due to Facebook as they recently done a huge improvements on the new facebook which was released few days ago and I think they changed their coding so looks  like Sony need to update the coding.

My view of timescape do you really need it? Just go directly to facebook or twitter app. I think timescape should be removed on the next ICS update. Gives you some RAM space!

Highlighted
Sage
Message 5 of 25
Message 5 of 25

Yes ShayKaPow! Removal of some crappy wares in the phone via update and release it afterwards in Google Play Store...

Well, Timescape does do some good things, when the Facebook app however is unavailable...

I had to rely on Timescape to get the updates... :/

Regards,

Trubo

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 25
Message 6 of 25

Trubo_XL wrote:

Yes ShayKaPow! Removal of some crappy wares in the phone via update and release it afterwards in Google Play Store...

Well, Timescape does do some good things, when the Facebook app however is unavailable...

I had to rely on Timescape to get the updates... :/

Regards,

Trubo

Facebook app works fine for me but sometimes it will be unavalble so I just use web browser LOL

I got a really good idea, For Jelly Bean update, I think Sony should remove unwanted apps from Xperia Sola. This will make Sola more RAM free Slightly smiling Face

Sage
Message 7 of 25
Message 7 of 25

Anyway, new issues regarding the entire Facebook Integration systems in the XPERIA devices are all down!

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/338534#338534

Linking up with the thread and I hope the team should held up an announcement about this ASAP!!!

Regards,

Trubo

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 25
Message 8 of 25

Still down.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 25
Message 9 of 25

Hi Guys, I'm Using Xperia S and my girlfriend has Xperia U, but the thing is, we're unable to post any status on facebook or do any wall posts using the facebook app.. we already tried uninstalling tha update, but we still have the same problem..I'm planning on doing a software repair, would that help? thanks in advance Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Sage
Message 10 of 25
Message 10 of 25

No! Never ever uninstall Facebook updates as it does nothing! Try report to Facebook by doing:

Upper Left button in Facebook app

Scroll down to Help Center

Select Something's Not Working

...and choose your problem to report about it...

After that, Facebook will aware of it and certainly start fixing (in my case, I had the exact problem like you have)...

Regards,

Trubo

PS: Sync is now up and rolling... Timescape however still unavailable... *sigh*