account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Screen off animation not working in Jelly bean

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Screen off animation not working in Jelly bean

Hi,

i had updated my xperia p recently to jelly bean. After that the screen off animation is not working.

All animations are set to 1.0 in developer options.

It works only for the First time after a restart and then it doesnt work.. i have to restart the phone to make it work.

Tried to repair, factory reset the phone but still doesnt work

Anyone else having this issue??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Re: Screen off animation not working in Jelly bean

He means the animation when you press the lock button. on ICS there was a fade animation.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

The screen off animation means the image when the phone is locked?That image appears only if the phone has no pin or password or any other way of locking.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

He means the animation when you press the lock button. on ICS there was a fade animation.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

ok,try to set all animations on 0.5x.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

nope..

@janco94 is right

the fade effect when screen turns off.. that is not working.. it works only 1 time per reboot and then doesnt work

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

tried this also.. but still not working

is it working for you? have you upgraded to jelly bean?

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

alexdon, yeah the fade out effect's gone, must be a bug,it's not that a big deal to me but sure that fade out effect is still cool when you turn off your phone.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

It's not working for me too. I'm on JB

Highlighted
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

i think i do not remember how exactly was it on ICS,yes now i am on JB.But let me try a restart and see the animation you are talking about.

Highlighted
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Yes,now i remember.Only the first time works for me either.It is that effect like xperia miro has,it is kinda cool.