account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

[Q] Transparent bar glue leak issue and few questions !!

SOLVED
Highlighted
Message 11 of 22
Message 11 of 22

Re: [Q] Transparent bar glue leak issue and few questions !!

To MY utter disbelief i just got to know my device has been repaired and ready to be picked up!! (Less than 2 days)

Hahahahah !! Happily Surprised !!!Smiling Face with open mouth & closed EyesSmiling Face with open mouth & closed EyesSlightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 12 of 22
Message 12 of 22

I m also facing a similar problem of transparent glue leak pls do tell us abt the new bar has it been repaired or replaced with a new one and does it has any problems?

Highlighted
Message 13 of 22
Message 13 of 22

Hello Skynet,

I am from india and yes they did tell me that the whole transparent strip will be replaced and it cant be repaired. Going to collect my phone today will update whats the status.

Highlighted
Message 14 of 22
Message 14 of 22

I got the transparent bar replaced and its brand new. That bar cant be repaired.

BTW just one led is not as bright as the other two but thats neglegible atleast that dirty leakage is gone now !! Smiling Face with open mouth & closed EyesSmiling Face with open mouth & closed EyesSmiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes M happy!!

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 15 of 22
Message 15 of 22

Hi Mithun,

Good to know that your device got repaired in less than two days. May I know where exactly are you from in India. Here at Kolkata whenever I give my device to service center it takes them months to get it repaired/replaced. Moreover XP has a microsim. I am wondering what if I have to give my phone to service center for repair. I don't have any other stand by phone with micro sim. Are they also providing any stand by phone. Just curious. Slightly smiling Face

Thanks

Sagar

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 22
Message 16 of 22

out of the Blue of this Topic, may I also ask if Sony Can also Repair the Phone for free  if there are any dents or scratches on the Xperia P's battery.

Highlighted
Message 17 of 22
Message 17 of 22

Hello Sagar,

Even i consider myself lucky to have got the device in two days. I live in Mumbai and i guess that person  told me it would take 8-10 days initially as the parts would come from Chennai, so i didnt bother to check with them but after two days when i checked online with the workorder it showed completed. i submitted it on 15 th and date of completion was 16 th (For once i felt m using an I-phone)

Regarding the standby device i wish u dont go to that stage cos i heard them askin a lady if she wants a replacement piece (Xperia Z in service center for lota days just used for couple of days) and it is provided only if your device will need lot of time but  u could even get a samsung phone or any phone so your micro sim issue doesnt get resolved.

PS: Dude buy a micro sim card adapter it is available in market now.(u will get it cheap @ local mobile shops)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-Sim-Card-Adapter-Tray-Holder-for-ATT-iPhone-4-4G-/320766365344

Highlighted
Message 18 of 22
Message 18 of 22

Dents and scratches on battery !!! Did u open the Back panel ?? i guess they would consider it physical damage. Are you talking about the BACK PANEL or the BATTERY inside ??

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 19 of 22
Message 19 of 22

Thanks Mithun.. I was not aware of the fact that we are getting those sim card adapter as well. That will solve the issue. Slightly smiling Face Thanks again.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 20 of 22
Message 20 of 22

Hi Mithun,

I am from Mumbai too at which service center did you submit the phone and were the service center guys helpful?I am planning it to give to accel frontline located at Tardeo.