account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Phone Restarts while making Calls from Phone book after updating to Android Lollipop 5.1.1

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Phone Restarts while making Calls from Phone book after updating to Android Lollipop 5.1.1

Hi..

After updating my Sony Xperia T2 Ultra Dual to the Android Lollipop 5.1.1, whenever making call from Phone book, the screen shackes & phone is getting restarted.

The problem is happening all the time.

Please suggest the solution.

Rgds,

Ankit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Phone Restarts while making Calls from Phone book after updating to Android Lollipop 5.1.1

Hi,

That sounds strange, could you boot the phone into safe mode to see if same thing happens?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Phone Restarts while making Calls from Phone book after updating to Android Lollipop 5.1.1

Hi,

That sounds strange, could you boot the phone into safe mode to see if same thing happens?

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Hi..

That really worked to check in Safe Mode & working fine.

Now can you please suggest how to find which third party application(s) is creating problem so that i can remove it

Thank You..

Rgds,

Ankit

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

I have no general tip for what kind of app that can cause this behaviour. Do you have any other dialer installed on your phone? Or an app that may get access to the dialer etc.

Do you experience the same behaviour directly if the phone is booted normally? If not, you could have in mind which apps that you open/start and figure it out from there.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Hi,

Yes i experience the same behaviour directly if the phone is booted normally.

I do not have installed any app which have access to the dialer of phone except Skype.

But i think Skype is one of the best app which generally do not bother basic phone function.

I also faced the problem when i removed/uninstalled Skype from phone & tried.

Please support.

Rgds,

Ankit

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@AP3010

were you able to find the culprit app?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Learner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Not found yet..

Can you please help in solving the issue..?

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

@AP3010

Trial and error

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)