account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Notification sounds not working

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 41 of 46
Message 41 of 46

Re: Notification sounds not working

I think you've got to tell the phone how important messaging is to you. It will probably be defaulted to Medium (No Sound).

Navigate to:- Apps -> Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Configure Notifications -> Notifications -> Messaging -> Categories -> Importance

Set importance as high or urgent and you will be able to assign sounds to messaging notifications

Highlighted
Message 42 of 46
Message 42 of 46

There is serious bug in Sony mobile software notification sound desapear and only by restarting mobile will return. I have lost many important call due to this bug. Advise from Sony is to restart a phone and wait until same problem happens again, how crazy is that. I have given up and purchased Samsung never same problem.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 43 of 46
Message 43 of 46

On my stupid phone under show notifications there is a button labled "behavior".  Somehow this got turned to "no Sound".  tunred to "make sound and pop on screen".  This kinda works.  Yes AT LAST it makes the notification sound and vibrates, but no it does not pop up on screen.  

Are all phones so frustrating to get to work???  I would not say the software on my Sony phone is user freindly.  

Highlighted
Learner
Message 44 of 46
Message 44 of 46

The same problem. I'm using a Xperia 10. No notification sound, just vibration since 20.03.2020! I did the actions that you say, but no change! Something new from your side? Thanks in advance

Commissioner
Message 45 of 46
Message 45 of 46

@Niki4a wrote:

The same problem. I'm using a Xperia 10. No notification sound, just vibration since 20.03.2020! I did the actions that you say, but no change! Something new from your side? Thanks in advance

I had the Xperia 10 Plus, have you tried picking a random mp3 for your notification sound? You can use any short mp3. I can offer the sounds I use; https://soundcloud.com/pressefr Sony Bing and Sony Alpha. 

Check Do Not Disturb Settings; and Schedules

Be sure to check your volume settings from the home screen. Just volume up or down. Then click settings.Screenshot_20200325-132419.png

Highlighted
Learner
Message 46 of 46
Message 46 of 46

I did it, but no effect. The same... Just a little bit of vibration, don't show me a message, just light up.