account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Jelly bean for Xperia GO ???

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 261 of 433
Message 261 of 433

Re: Jelly bean for Xperia GO ???

I have no problems with jelly bean right now. Battery lasts very long, only display uses 80 % of the battery.

Commissioner
Message 262 of 433
Message 262 of 433

I suddenly felt like having no google now is great.. Hehehe. The feature is not available in PH.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 263 of 433
Message 263 of 433

Its only avalable if you set your laguage to English(US) in language and input , and also set it to English(us) in google now. You also have to use google.com instead of your local domain, you set this in google now to.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 264 of 433
Message 264 of 433

I'm sick of waiting for the JB Update, I just came to ask for a favor, please, everybody who updated to JB, please state the 1st three characters of there serial numbers, just for me to check what progress is at the moment. Mine is YT9 ...

Thanks

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 265 of 433
Message 265 of 433

FPS limit Slightly frowning Face Sony says it's feature for smooth scrolling without shuttering. If you connect usb, it will raise to 60 (WTF???). I'm waiting for root, this can be "fixed" by setting "debug.gr.swapinterval=0" in build.prop.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 266 of 433
Message 266 of 433

I sense a second update soon after JB, I feels it! LOOOOOOOOOOLZY! Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 267 of 433
Message 267 of 433

You can either call Sony for support or you can take care of it yourself, mad: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2249947 (If you need support on flashing, ask here or directly on XDA but start with a google search.) Maybe you're the last serial number in line.. lol. I don't really understand the serial number method though, I only purchased my XGO in a local store about 2 months ago... Maybe it was laying around for months?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 268 of 433
Message 268 of 433

Your tempting me... I'll wait... (Downloads FTF...) You never know... LOL!

OoOooOOo!

http://xperiafirmware.com/8-firmware/22-sony-xperia-go-st27

Btw, has anyone tried out the "Force GPU rendering" in th Dev. Options? Some say it's Placebo, Some say some games bug out, and some say it's waaaaaaay faster... What's your opinion XGO people? ;D

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 269 of 433
Message 269 of 433

Hey everyone!

I did my JB update 3 days ago from Gingerbread! There are a few cons. firstly, the call dialer and contacts takes forever to open!

the camera is a bit laggy! and plus, whats with the gallery? the album screen shows completely blank and doesnt display any photos! and i connected to the PC to check if all the images had got deleted! but everything is still there.

i tried everything from restarting the phone to unmounting and remounting the SD card! plz help! i want to view the pics again in my gallery!

Screenshot_2013-04-29-16-39-50[1].png

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 270 of 433
Message 270 of 433

Just set a deadline for yourself and stick to it Winking Face

JellyBean performed great during the weekend by the way! Plenty of juice to get around. I guess my major battery downside during the week is that I'm already unplugging it at 5am to head off to work, it's more or less to be expected that it won't make it until 10pm (17 hours), not when it's used to much. So, in between I charge it bit by bit (work laptop, home PC, usb charger) when I need. At night it gets the full charge.

I'm really diggin' the voice commands, they work great! "Set an alarm at...", "Remind me to...", "Send a message to...", "How's the weather going to be...". Most of my friends don't use this feature because their English isn't that good so they are quite amazed.

At one point, I was a while away from home and suddenly Google Now told me that I was running late + gave me an ETA to get back home (didn't set any reminders or so), that was a bit awkward.

Location Wi-Fi is very precise but it still doesn't always connect, I still need to refresh the access point list from time to time.

I'm now trying a new launcher, "Buzz Launcher", but there's a lot of crawp amongst the widgets you need to download for some home screens. I like the idea of lay-out sharing but it's a bit unstable for now.

I NEED ROOT dangit! I miss my Titanium backups and tweaks Slightly frowning Face

Any straightforward method for the XGO yet (without the need to re-flash)?