account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Information about brightness

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Information about brightness

I cannot believe it! My automatic brightness is note ok, but, last night I were in my home at bed, and I down all brightness and check on automatic brightness and so works perfectly automatic brightness

Sorry for my English, I am from Spain, what I want to meanig is that for people who brightness doesn't works, put the brightNess all down, to lowest level and check on automatic brightness and works
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Talent
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Re: Information about brightness

Try Velis auto brightness from the play store, it has a much better dynamic range than the Sony brightness handler. Depending on the curve used it can go from 0% at night to 100% in full daylight.

Dave

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

I've tried many times but it doesn't work for my SP.

don't know if this is a hardware problem or software.

I will try again and let you know.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Hello fedebt, I have new, here now in Seville is like summer, sun and 38 grads, in summer in Seville is around 50, and I walk a little bit on the street, and I can say works, but not properly, in my house is ok, if I go to the saloon, where is more light, brightness goes with more light and if I go to my room with darkness, goes down and perfect, but when I go to the street and there is sun, brightness goes only half, and you cannot see properly the screen
Highlighted
Talent
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Try Velis auto brightness from the play store, it has a much better dynamic range than the Sony brightness handler. Depending on the curve used it can go from 0% at night to 100% in full daylight.

Dave

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

hi..i have  a problem about my brightness....every time i call, my brightness is ogg...my screen is black,so i cant  use speaker,

keyboard (which is important ) ...and i have the last version  .201  !!!! could u help me?????????

Highlighted
Talent
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

During a call it is designed that the screen goes off while the 'phone is against your ear (to reduce battery drain). Do you have some sort of case or screen protector that is obstructing the Proximity Sensor which is just left of the speaker mesh at the top of the 'phone?

Dave

Highlighted
Learner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

ooooh...no my friend....ahm i must  disable my stamina or something?

Talent
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

There is a test for the Proximity Sensor. In the dialler enter *#*#7378423#*#* that gets you to Service Test. Under this option, near the bottom of the list, is Proximity Sensor, once selected the sensor status should change from off to on when covering the top part of the screen.

Dave