account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

I am happy for the fix to early August for the network problem, but ICS?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

I am happy for the fix to early August for the network problem, but ICS?

I am happy that Sony finally decided to solve networking problems with an update.

Or, better late than never, even after a month, very late.

Unfortunately, the update is still 2.3.7.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/45684

But what happened to ICS?

Sony said ,about of his release, early August and now Sony says that early August we will be releasing the fix with 2.3.7.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2012/07/05/xperia-p-ics-update-landing-in-early-august/

So ICS was delayed?

Will be it in September or never?

Sony can you give us clear informations, for one time.

Please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Oracle
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Re: I am happy for the fix to early August for the network problem, but ICS?

We're not as active on the forum on weekends as we are Mon-Fri. That's why you have not received an answer until now.

I have no information saying ICS for Xperia P has been delayed. It's all still on route as far as I know.

We're still rolling out ICS for Xperia S and we did say that Xperia P and Xperia U would follow the roll-out for this phone model.

Any news to this would be posted here: http://blogs.sonymobile.com/products/

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Never a reply from Sony! Angry Face

Highlighted
Oracle
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

We're not as active on the forum on weekends as we are Mon-Fri. That's why you have not received an answer until now.

I have no information saying ICS for Xperia P has been delayed. It's all still on route as far as I know.

We're still rolling out ICS for Xperia S and we did say that Xperia P and Xperia U would follow the roll-out for this phone model.

Any news to this would be posted here: http://blogs.sonymobile.com/products/

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

First of all thanks for reply Markus! Slightly smiling Face

I understand that you do not have information yet, but think you it is possible to release 2.3.7 and 4.0.4 in the same period and that is early August?

Is it possible Markus?

And,why not make you a blog post to explain how work proceeds on ICS as you did previously with the other Xperia?

Oracle
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I don't know how the 2.3.7 update affects the ICS roll-out. Since I have not received any info regarding this I'm assuming there's no change in these plans.

Since there's no changes to the plan (still, according to my info), I guess there's no gain in posting "new" info when there's nothing new to say. Slightly smiling Face Anyway, these are just my thought. I don't have any new information which often mean that there's no changes to the original plan.

Highlighted
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I hope that you are right,Markus. Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I hope there is something good when they release the ics update. And i hope it will be a stable update for our xperia p since they are working on it this late..