account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

How to assign Static IP in Xperia SP

SOLVED
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

How to assign Static IP in Xperia SP

Please help me to set static IP in my phone. I cannot see any options for assigning static IP and cannot do this from router, it needs to be done from phone .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Talent
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Re: How to assign Static IP in Xperia SP

OK. I'm not sure if it works on the stock rom (I use CM) but trythis, and provide info if it works:

1. Connct ot the mentioned WiFi network

2. Go to Settings -> WIFI

3. Tapthe network name for more than 1 second, you will get submenu, tap "modify network"

4. Find "advanced options" at the bottom of the screen, and check the box

5. Two new option appeared below just checked box, tap the list  "IP settings" (there's DHCP), choose "Static". You will have settings got from DHCP which you can modify.

I hope it's work just fine for you.

EDIT: Remember this, DHCP doesn't recognize you use an IP from DHCP scope. In result there can be an IP conflict if it try to lease it for another network device....

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Talent
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Why can't you do it on router? You just need to create IP reservation (for MAC address) in DHCP settings using a router administrator console....

Highlighted
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Well, its my office router, so can't do anything

Talent
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

So, the question is why do you need it. May be some other possibilities to achieve it...?

Highlighted
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I need it because in the router the addres range is set for internet connectivity, even without static ip, I can connect to the router but for internet connection, I need to be in the set range of ip address. So if I set the ip to the required range I will be connected to the internet.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

OK. I'm not sure if it works on the stock rom (I use CM) but trythis, and provide info if it works:

1. Connct ot the mentioned WiFi network

2. Go to Settings -> WIFI

3. Tapthe network name for more than 1 second, you will get submenu, tap "modify network"

4. Find "advanced options" at the bottom of the screen, and check the box

5. Two new option appeared below just checked box, tap the list  "IP settings" (there's DHCP), choose "Static". You will have settings got from DHCP which you can modify.

I hope it's work just fine for you.

EDIT: Remember this, DHCP doesn't recognize you use an IP from DHCP scope. In result there can be an IP conflict if it try to lease it for another network device....

View solution in original post