account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Contacts sync issues with Gmail

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Contacts sync issues with Gmail

I have a basic question about contacts sync to GMail. I regularly sync my contacts to my GMail, but I could not find the update when I check my contacts at my Gmail. Here is the case. For example, I added a new contact yesterday and put it under Phone contact instead of my Gmail. After doing sync regularly with my Gmail, I expect the newly added contact to be found in my Gmail.

But, I could not find the newly added contacts in my Contact Manager at Gmail. The second issue is I cannot move the contact, that I stored at phone memory, to my Gmail. This hampers me from including contacts from both my Phone Memory and Gmail into one group. Should I really do both tasks -moving contacts to Gmail contact manager and from phone memory to Gmail- manually? This could be tiring as I have added dozens of new contacts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Re: Contacts sync issues with Gmail

The contacts would need to be set as Gmail contacts for these to sync with your online account. Any contacts saved as phone contacts would not sync with this. To change the contact location you would need to back up the phone contacts to the internal storage of the phone, then when you restore them you would choose to import them as Gmail contacts rather than phone contacts.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sage
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Your contacts may be hidden...

To show the contacts,

Go to Contacts > Physical Menu Button > Filter > Google > Check Everything in that option > OK

You should see the New contacts in the app...

Regards,

Trubo

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I already acknowledged that option, my question is why the newly added contacts at my Sola do not appear at my Gmail contact manager when I opened it at my PC internet browser. And also, is there any method to move Sola contacts added under Phone memory to Gmail memory other than manually?

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

The contacts would need to be set as Gmail contacts for these to sync with your online account. Any contacts saved as phone contacts would not sync with this. To change the contact location you would need to back up the phone contacts to the internal storage of the phone, then when you restore them you would choose to import them as Gmail contacts rather than phone contacts.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thank you. That solves it.