account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bluetooth pairing always fails.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: Bluetooth pairing always fails.

yeah, i did put a disclaimer but it seems it did not make it to the text box.Dizzy Face

you said on above you started pairing with the pc, is that right? you must not do that.,

does your bluetooth on pc always activates the pairing mode automatically? can you find a setting to disable it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Oracle
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

I'm terrible at Spanish but it does indeed look like the phone is generating it's own key and that you somewhere in those options in the PC should be able to choose to enter a code of your own, or at least a different one than the one the PC is presenting.

I suggest you call the regional Sony Mobile support for step by step instructions if you cannot get it working.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

I used google translate, agregar un dispositivo= add a device right?

don't open that setting.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

Sorry Markus, but your answer doesn't help, they'll tell me "send your phone to the nearest thecnical suport office" in my country,  that's not an option. I use to have the tethering issue, and i solve it myself, this problem must be related, and what i've shown in my previous post is not so hard, is the stardard procedure to connect wirelles devises using seven, step by step, and is always the same, the phone shows a code, the PC shows another, and BLUETOOTH, work fine, for  example, i can connect the phone to other phones, thanks anyway. anyone else?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

Right, and I've done it, i've started the pairing process from the pc, i've done it starting from the phone, i know that the PC doesn't "automaticly" dettecs other devises, and the assistant for bluetooth connection from my pc, it's not like yours, i cant, manually, change the code, the question stands, maybe, my bluetooth connector is not compatible? nolramlb, thanks, i know you are trying to help, but every possible setting i can think off... i've done everyting. Same result. thanks.

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

Sorry to hear that, maybe you'll figure it out someday, Winking Face , or maybe you can try some bluetooth managers softwares for your pc. Slightly smiling Face good luck.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

On the contrary, thank you my friend. :-) can you recommend one or several, programs (Bluetooth managers) to install in my pc and test? The best ones, in your opinion. Thanks again.

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

I've searched a simillar problem woth yours, I think they do not really work ( pc-phone via external dongle).. I'll try to see if I can search more of I have free time. Slightly smiling Face

View solution in original post

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

You are rigth, they don't work (at leats mine) you can see it in the picture above. I did a tets in a Toshiba laptop with Bluetooth, and everything went fine, smooth pairing, starting fron the PC and from my Active, also Bluetooth Tethering went without any issue. So the problem is the Seven support for this kind of devises (external dongle) or that my dongle just sucks. So one last resort would be to try any good (if it actually exist) Bluetooth manager... or to buy a relly good external Bluetooth Dongle... Slightly frowning Face, thanks noiramlb

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

my mobile w8 ?????? how to active bluetooth,, not how to set not time out discoverable